1911 Picture Thread

Well I hope this is a WA, or someones going to be very disapointed :)

I was so busy digging the back-garden, I forgot the inner-barrel had arrived from Japan,

So I finished the job, and its all ready to go to its new owner :(

Kimber Ultra RCP II (WA/Prime) 722g

Excuse the excessive shine from the silicon-oil and dust :)

005a.jpg

003a.jpg

001a.jpg

002a.jpg

006a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Here are my last couple of shots of the Inokatsu 1911a, this time with the TM/PGC MEU for comparrison.

The Inokatsu is definetly on the darker side of Parkerised Grey, then again I've never handled or seen the real-steel version,

so won't comment on shades of grey :rolleyes:

I would say Inokatsu are going for an early more 'blued' finish than a Parkerised grey, as both were used by Colt on WW2 pistols. I personally like the darker sheen as it looks more 'real' and classy.

Many thanks 'Squad 701' yes I will have the mag bumper if its up for grabs :)

• Like 1

That RCP II is just gorgeous, and arguably one of the finest last-chance guns available. The factory smooth job even extends to removing the sights - you don't happen to have any experience of aiming through the trough, do you? I wish I could justify one, but the kit alone is more than my rifle...

• Like 1

That RCP II is just gorgeous, and arguably one of the finest last-chance guns available. The factory smooth job even extends to removing the sights - you don't happen to have any experience of aiming through the trough, do you? I wish I could justify one, but the kit alone is more than my rifle...

Yes it's very nice kit indeed, a one-off spend that everyone's entitled to now and again.

With the recession you have to choose your one-off spends wisely.

I went with the SIS Ultra myself (Birthday) well that's my excuse ;)

I guess the fact that it's a withdrawn from sale (to public) handgun, makes it apeal to me.

I was quite surprised with the Ultra RCP II and how hard it fired, wasn't expecting that.

The great thing about the Ultra RCP II kit is that you can change the look to the newer version,

with the addition of a Delta-Type hammer and the Rosewood version of the grips.

That is the TM Series 70 and it is amazing, not just as it is a TM 1911 but they have changed what should be changed on it, improved sights, higher cut on the beavertail, no finger cut under the trigger guard. Basically with the A1 grips it fits better than the MEU and A1 models i find.

The finish is nice and internally it is a standard TM so can't go wrong, the feel is smoother too but that may be as it is new and un-used.

'FireKnife'

Whatever it is it is gorgeous (edit: I didn't say it was an RWC) and when I manage to part my Mates Talon off him I'll have a sexy dual weild combo, although there's plenty of sexy in that picture ;)

"over 180 pistols owned" and this is the first time I've felt like sharing what a *rickroll* I am in wasting so much money :P

Edited by Aitch

It does look it, but the Talon and GRP that RWC (and i believe Mike Cripps by proxy of picking the kits up) did need a bit extra work to make them a proper Nighthawk look a like. Still looks very good.

Also, why the safety on the T2 Coltonics, can't tamper with a classic :P

'FireKnife'