1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

So, a few weeks ago, I was forced to sell my beloved TM/HurricanE TEII to pay the rent. Anyhoo, I went to the sandpit shortly after, and bought a KJ 1911A1, because I didn't have a pistol. I need one, because my primary tactic in Airsoft is generally running at people firing 2 guns in an ineffective and pointless manner whilst shouting. Unfortunately, it was a lemon, and the seal between the piston and lid was awful. It got 6 shots out of the stock mag, and 8 out of a TM one, and it froze my face a little bit. I got hold of a TM MEU slide without a BBU, an old WE MEU slide with one, and some other random bits and bobs.. Last night I decided to finally make it work, and several hours later it runs like a freight train - It's got a TM Slide, WE BBU housing, KJ nozzle, TM piston head/cup, KJ lower, a trimmed hammer spring and a stiffer recoil spring.

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

Edited by hwagan

Here is my ongoing project of Kimber Tactical Enty II based on TM and Hurricane kit. A lot of NOVA parts installed, but still have to change thumb safety for an ambi, main spring housing for one with holes for magwell and maybe the hammer to achieve 100% authentic look

f92513768c3e.jpg

b623ba0e1e3b.jpg

c61f78cff9c2.jpg

4b0af618474d.jpg

8c6b914e616f.jpg

68049cc78fed.jpg

19d4c207f718.jpg

185c5c602645.jpg

dc7d243471a9.jpg

0ebdd365122b.jpg

36c2aeced5a9.jpg

8cc31496859a.jpg

5d05f2066869.jpg

5a2497b852e3.jpg

799fdd2bf79a.jpg

dd39cf6b856c.jpg

e5ee108a8139.jpg

2e5b4318037c.jpg

8498103018e7.jpg

aa4ade2432c5.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it's a BladeTech holster designed for Kimber Warrior. I bought it on RW for $112 I think. The only modification I had to do with it to fit the gun properly was to boil the bottom (muzzle) side in a hot water for 10 seconds. But I don't particularly like the fact that you have to carry the gun with a hammer cocked to lock the upper strap, but it seems to be designed so as if you put the gun in with thumb safety off the slide moves back a bit.

Edited by Lancaster

Here are the parts I've used to build it

Hurricane Kimber Tactical Entry II Conversion Kit

Nine Ball Wide Use Air Seal Hop Up Rubber Chamber for Marui Handguns

Nova Grip Safety for Marui 1911A1 / 5.1 - Kimber style - Steel Black

Nova Housing for Marui 1911A1 - Type 2 (Checkered) – Steel

Nova Barrel Bushing for Marui 1911A1 - Type 3 - Steel Black

Nova Recoil Spring Plug - Type 3 - for Marui 1911A1 (Stainless)

Nova Recoil Spring Guide for Marui 1911A1 (Stainless)

MAG Replacement Springs for Marui 1911

Airsoft Surgeon Super Light Sear Spring for Marui Hi CAPA and 1911 Series GBB

Raven (PDI) 01 Inner Barrel (Marui MEU / 112mm)

NOVA TM 1911A1 Kimber type Thumb Safety (Steel / Black)

NOVA Brass Hop Up Base Chamber for Marui 1911 / MEU

Nova Hammer for Tokyo Marui 1911A1 (Kimber Type) – Stainless

Still have to install the following:

Nova Grip Housing for Marui 1911A1 - with Lanyard Ring (Checkered) (Steel Black)

Nova Ambi Safety Lock For Marui 1911A1 ( Kimber - Steel Black ) - cannot find it at the moment

Nova Steel Hammer Set For Marui 1911/ MEU (Kimber, 2 Tone)

After that starting another project. The kit is ordered and it's bloody expensive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3WWQLKIDI0&feature=plcp

Edited by Lancaster
  • Like 1

Thanks! Didn't think about it. For me it seems to be caused by the actuator and BBH left running bar, as when I push the actuator in a jam position by a needle it releases the slide easily. I'll try to swap NOVA brass hop-up with original one and will see if the problem will vanish

Edited by Lancaster

Nice Kimbers guys, especially that Tactical Entry II 'Lancaster', very tasty B)

Looking at the WAs Marsoc version you have there 'Squad 701', ive an idea that I could build this using a standard TM MEU with a Kimber slide but fit a customized 5.1 Hi-capa RIS below the dust cover. Has anyone on here attempted this build on a TM 1911 yet I wonder?