1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Oh brilliant, not like I've got a hard act to follow on this page then... :wacko:

Well, one can but try. I had been waiting on a couple of bits turning up from lands afar, but those arrived so now the rest of my sidearm purchases during my little stint in the south atlantic are about ready for public display.

IMG_0338-1.jpg

IMG_0302-1.jpg

My second custom build from ESC, but this time around I wanted something that would be about as skirmish practical as physically possible (while still looking a bit pretty) so it's almost entirely made of TM parts. Upper setup is just for the lulz and photo ops, lower for actual usage in the field.

• Night Warrior 3-Dot Sights
  • M.E.U. Slide
  • M.E.U. Outer barrel/Barrel bushing etc to compensate for the base gun being a 4.3 Desert Warrior
  • Nineball Purple hop rubber
  • Nineball 6.03 Tightbore
  • Desert Warrior frame
  • 1911A1 Trigger
  • VZ Grips G10 Operators II in 'Military Brown'
  • Strike Warrior magwell

IMG_0404.jpg

Since my good old A1 is entombed with a carbine kit I wanted something in the classic style, just as a display piece if anything; so there's my Series 70. Replaced the stock grips with some real rosewood ones, and like that it shall stay.

IMG_0385.jpg

KJW A1, just a cheap trainer gun to go along with my target-range-only WOC-X. The combination of compatibility with my existing magazines & holsters, the low price and low number of shots it'll fire per gas fill make it suit that role perfectly I feel. Got those nasty grip weights out of there and put on some proper wood repros of the WWII diamond style grips. Took some dremel work since the frame on this has the CO2 bulb protrusions, but I much prefer the balance of the resultant weapon vs. the original.

IMG_0356.jpg

Had a few comments regards my selection of grips on my HurricanE Kimber Covert II when I first posted it a while back, so I've swapped out the cheaper RS Colt rubber grips for some VZ Grips 'VZ Recons' made of G10 in their Desert Sand.

Quick family shot of the collection so far to finish off:

IMG_0416-1.jpg

Not nearly as impressive as some of you guys, but in fairness these are ostensibly my secondary weapons for skirmishing rather than collection pieces.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's absolutely shed loads of 1911 grips on the bay, even a few in this country. Those ones aren't proper Colts because those cost a fair bit and my Series 70 isn't really going to get used. The ones I picked up were about £20 from taiwan and are extremely nice all things considered, plus (by pure chance) the colouring of the grain happens to match that seen on the TM plastic grips almost exactly which was one of my criteria.

Edited by CKinnerley

I have just started my new project - this is PGC metal kit. Bought it for about $300 and in general it worth these money. It's almost a straight fit kit - the only problem I faced with is grip safety - the frame doesn't work neither with NOVA Kimber one nor with standard MEU grip safety. I managed to align it with 1911A1 grip safety, but in this case it limits the hammer motion and hammer blocks the BBH. Yeah, and outer barrel which comes with the kit is a ###### - it's made of cheap diecast alloy with no glaze and feels like plastic.

As Kimber has never produced Warriors in stainless steel there is no real steel prototype to copy, so I'm thinking about making a "custom shop" gun with magwell and all external furniture in silver.

And again many thanks to LaZoucheCustomshop channel :)

61790b1fa08a.jpg

740ebef65217.jpg

3975bb7cb648.jpg

9306bb91c0bf.jpg

395703f8aea3.jpg

47681520bf80.jpg

cb7d13baa2e7.jpg

e566febfe6b4.jpg

604d4d5cfdd3.jpg

27f466089636.jpg

75fe524258c0.jpg

f9ec0b6bd5f2.jpg

044a37f861b7.jpg

• Like 1

I have just started my new project - this is PGC metal kit. Bought it for about $300 and in general it worth these money. It's almost a straight fit kit - the only problem I faced with is grip safety - the frame doesn't work neither with NOVA Kimber one nor with standard MEU grip safety. I managed to align it with 1911A1 grip safety, but in this case it limits the hammer motion and hammer blocks the BBH. Yeah, and outer barrel which comes with the kit is a ###### - it's made of cheap diecast alloy with no glaze and feels like plastic.

I recommend you try a Hurricane grip safety--it's what they used in this build:

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_252&products_id=12915

Yeah, I know, but it seems they do not produce it in chrome\silver version - so Nova is the only choice I have. Anyway it's feasible to file down frame edges where needed - just don't want to bother before new parts arrive.

I have a concern regarding brass bushing which are to be installed into frame (come with PGC kit) - they are too loose and grips wobble when shaking the gun - should I super-glue these bushings or there is another way?

Edited by Lancaster

Yeah, I know, but it seems they do not produce it in chrome\silver version - so Nova is the only choice I have. Anyway it's feasible to file down frame edges where needed - just don't want to bother before new parts arrive.

I have a concern regarding brass bushing which are to be installed into frame (come with PGC kit) - they are too loose and grips wobble when shaking the gun - should I super-glue these bushings or there is another way?

Use Threadlock on the grip bushings threads but if they are really loose then supaglue maybe the only answer. Strange that they are loose though, has anyone else had this problem as PGC kits are good so im told?

Regards the grip safety, as 'mimesis' says the Hurricane one is excellent and has the correct palm bump serrations but its black so maybe polish it or spray it silver? Or as you say just file down the edges of the Nova one.

Nearly done building this WE1911 (its ######, but ive been stuck in bed for seven weeks, and needed something to do, so built it from spare parts my mate had laying about. (and i can sell it after! Profit!)

5f936f7b-ce17-30f9.jpg

Little more paint on the top slide to come off, and try to shineup the lower recv. (and modify the frame to accept a Warrior style beavertail.)

Generic Tapatalk Signature.