1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Nevermind a picture of your MEU sitting on the best selling fiction ever I'm more appauled at the warzone you call a desk :P

Nice....it's a well lived in zone here in the house..the missus won't let anything else happen anywhere so....

IMAG0368.jpg

Been a while since i've posted on arnies but thought i'd put this on whilst i was having a mooch around...

Base is a Tercel 1911 but with a few added extras to bring it up too more modern times, still a fair bit to do to get it finished but i'll get there. Leaving the trigger as is, I quite like the old style, comfy...

Bever tail to be changed but not desperate and new hammer and polish the frame...

based on/around this custom TM 1911 built by Mike Cripps at ESC

Noodles2.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Western Arms SCW2/3 M1911 with Prime metal kit.

This is Primes second go at the WWI era M1911 kit. There are some differences between this and the first generation kit but nothing too major.

The Prime M1911 shown here with a PCG kitted WA SCW2/3 M1911A1

please do tell where did you buy the metal kit for the 1911 ,i would imagine it would be like looking for a hens tooth , nice guns nice photos... Edited by crackisbad
Dont quote pics

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. There's something really special about the 'original' :)

I got the M1911 kit from www.boomarms.com more specifically this page: http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm/id/PRIME-KIT-1911M

The first generation kit I bought years ago disappeared off the site very quickly so grab one of these while you can.....or wait until they re-release them. Again ;)

The grip is actually 2 pieces and they leave that gap, I can't do anything about it but you don't feel it when you're shooting!

Wolf

you can actually ;) either file the frame or the grips to fit (are they the Thailand ones?) if they are, carefully sand them down to allow them to close, alternatively get a strip of aluminium the right thickness and file it to fit the gap, I'd bend 'tabs' to go under the grip for stability but a friction fit would likely work well.

A couple of shots of a few WA Prime Kimber Ultra's, RCP, SIS & CDP.

And a comparrison shot of the size difference between the newly released WA Ultra CDP (& TLEII) and the Prime Metal Kit.

For some reason WA have released both these pistols in ABS slightly longer than normal, both frame and slide.

IMG_8514a.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8258.jpg

IMG_8257.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 1

WA? doesn't really look like a TM from the size of the mag bumper.

Like WhiteHawksan says, Army - TM based model, I'm not willing to call it a clone because TBH, they've put the effort in to get a lot of the external details right, far beyond just copying! Either way, I've reviewed it in the GBB section - Properly blows me away every time I pick it up, I still can't get over the quality to price ratio.

*edit* Also, mag bumpers are down to them being Army MEU mags, I prefer them to the A1 type, although the gun did come with one as standard.

ARMY - direct clone of the TM

Hwagan is a man that likes shooty guns not posey guns ;)

Nearly... I like shooty posey guns, if I wanted practicality I'd have gone for the MEU ;)

Edited by hwagan