1911 Picture Thread

true :P we all like our shooty things to be shiny things too :P

I'm desperately trying not to buy a set of 'nam furniture for my WOC to make it even shinier >.<

Wait til the W&P show dude; They had sets that looked like they were from the war itself for £25 for Stock/Handguard/A1 grip. Nearly picked up an A1 grip, but they were just toooo battered.

Anyhoo; Back to picture thread! Army's realistic, out of the box firing pin!

Firingpin.jpg

And just for the hell of it, close up of the trophy...

photo23.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

problem is I need an early version, I can get genuine sets for £25~ but I need the early bakelite/pinned swivel w/o trapdoor and they go for about £80~ and that'll put my WOC into the $1k thread, and I still have a prime mbk to find *tear*

STOP GOING OFF TOPIC DAGNABIT! :P

Now, here's a rear sight and enough talk of AR's ;)

photo25.jpg

I've owned 2 WA's in my life; 2 2011's; Whilst they were accurate, and despite having hops fitted, I could never seem to get them to even fling a .2; Yet a friend's WA Kimber Warrior outperformed a lot of TM's I've seen with a .28... No idea how or why. Either way, they're some ridiculously nice pistols as always - If you ever need to find someone to test one out for a few years in an ankle holster, jus' sayin'... ;)

The 3 as they stand.

Top left WE.

1911 frame modded to fit MEU beavertail

Hardballer longslide fully 9balled

Right WE

In progress.

DW Frame, acid cleaned and repainted

Sanded slide (subject to change)

Both of the above ive built for a mate.

And bottom right is my TM 1911.

Mix between NW and FW.

g923w-rL_original.jpg

Generic Tapatalk Signature.

Hey folks. I picked up a KWA Mk.II PTP today. Not a single thing special about it, so no pictures, but I was wondering about parts compatibility. Specifically, triggers, hammers, backstraps, or grips? Are any of those interchangeable with TM or any of the other major 1911 makers' parts? I assume at least grips are, but I'd like to know for sure.

Edited by SOUTHPAWMIKE

I've owned 2 WA's in my life; 2 2011's; Whilst they were accurate, and despite having hops fitted, I could never seem to get them to even fling a .2; Yet a friend's WA Kimber Warrior outperformed a lot of TM's I've seen with a .28... No idea how or why. Either way, they're some ridiculously nice pistols as always - If you ever need to find someone to test one out for a few years in an ankle holster, jus' sayin'... ;)

Yes its always handy to line up future perspective buyers ;)

I couldn't believe how well they fire, considering how strong the springs are.

I really wasn't expecting too much when I was building them,

obviously it's the short travel space of the slide, balances out the heavy springs,

as they sounded quite sad in their original ABS state, the opposite to the TM ABS.

All of my 1911s are TM based, only a handful are Western Arms.

Cheers.

So question. I have become rather obsessed the last couple of days with the full-auto .38 1911 used in Public Enemies. Now I know a few people on here have built one, thompson foregrip and and all, but my question is, how hard is it to convert a TM or WE (whichever I can pick up first) to fire full auto?

So question. I have become rather obsessed the last couple of days with the full-auto .38 1911 used in Public Enemies. Now I know a few people on here have built one, thompson foregrip and and all, but my question is, how hard is it to convert a TM or WE (whichever I can pick up first) to fire full auto?

Ask Ed-Skar on here and he will tell you :P

Hey folks. I picked up a KWA Mk.II PTP today. Not a single thing special about it, so no pictures, but I was wondering about parts compatibility. Specifically, triggers, hammers, backstraps, or grips? Are any of those interchangeable with TM or any of the other major 1911 makers' parts? I assume at least grips are, but I'd like to know for sure.

They are compatible with the other KWA and the older KSC 1911s and parts for them, which are not easy to get. Other than that no such luck, if you want lots of interchangeable parts and stuff then it is going to have to be a TM ;)

'FireKnife'

Western Arms SCW2/3 M1911 with Prime metal kit.

This is Primes second go at the WWI era M1911 kit. There are some differences between this and the first generation kit but nothing too major.

The Prime M1911 shown here with a PCG kitted WA SCW2/3 M1911A1

Guess not for sale uh?

What a shame ;)

Edited by crackisbad
dont quote pics

KENXIN You do know your grip safty is not working and that slide action does not seem as smooth as it should be.

Perhaps the slide doesn't seem as smooth as it should in the video but it is as smooth as it can be (any ideas on how to show that on video?).

Also, yeah, I was showing how I pinned the safety ; ) that means it's locked in place on purpose.

Edited by kenxin

Perhaps the slide doesn't seem as smooth as it should in the video but it is as smooth as it can be (any ideas on how to show that on video?).

Also, yeah, I was showing how I pinned the safety ; ) that means it's locked in place on purpose.

If you can, raise the frames per second on your camera and it should look smoother.