1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I think it's more of a dark FDE than a grey; Either way, besides the point. *fruitcage* my country, I'd kill to own that R/S.

The Airsoft one is damned nice 'n all (Unless it's R/S, in which case it's still damned nice).

My guess would be that the tan one is a hurricane kit (black trigger and ambi safeties from the original MEU) and the grey one is RS (correct ambi safeties and grip safety).

Nice desert warriors nevertheless.

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 1

Nice Kimbers 'DesertFox' B)

Now heres a little beasty ive recently completed.....Night Hawks T3 compensated carry

NHT3leftsideslidelockedback.jpg

NHT3rightside.jpg

NHT3rearsightsdetail.jpg

Using a TM 4.3 Foliage Warrior/MEU hybrid for frame and slide. MSH with extended magwell by TSC, Alien grips, 4.3 chrome guide rod is by SAPH (I think). All controls and furniture, other than standard TM, are custom built.

Edited by MrManiac
  • Like 1

That's a really really nice piece... I wish I had the confidence to do a compensated barrel like that, but alas I'd only screw it up! Looks awesome.

Its not as hard as it looks to do, though my previous experience with the SV IMM Master piece pistol helped alot.

Just make sure you do the outer barrel comp set up first then when the comp is finished to the right width and length, then duly cut the slide to suit but allow for the curved end to the comp so it will slide nicely into position when the slide cycles. Patience, planning and taking your time are the real key things to remember :geek:;)

A few more pics of the compensator for you...

NHT3muzzledetail.jpg

NHT3rightsidebreechopendetail.jpg

NHT3leftsidecockedhammer.jpg

ra_kimber_002.jpg

I _HATE_ that dimple in the slide catch! :|

ra_kimber_003.jpg

ra_kimber_004.jpg

ra_kimber_005.jpg

ra_kimber_001.jpg

Yes, that is what you think it is :o

RA Tech Kimber Royal II (NOT) full steel custom GBB. First photosession test shoot with my new studio softbox lights etc. :o

Strange the pics came out darker in web jpegs than in PS... even though I supposedly have a calibrated system. Gosh darnit.

EDIT: Nope, just fooled my eyes by editing with black BG in PS. Won't do that again!

Videos coming tomorrow!

Edited by NonEx

Yeah I also thought it looked like the grips were off of the frame but it's an optical illusion ! :o Shadow coming from behind the grips. Like I said first time shooting with my softbox light setup so I guess it will be a bit of a learning experience :P And shooting black on black (no pun intended) isn't exactly easy to begin with.

Thanks Squad, I will attempt to fit the parts next weekend I think.

Edited by NonEx

Maniac, the magazine release, hammer, thumb safety, grip safety and mainspring housing are not steel. It was advertised as being "full steel" and "everything you see is steel" (RA rep. said so in the video).

Check this thread for more info : http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206080-ra-tech-kimber-royal-ii-gas-blow-back-co2-pistol/

Let me know if you come across a stand alone hex screw magazine release peice. Only one I've seen so far is on an Army Kimber and I don't really want that. :|

Anvil have just released the silver version of the hex-latch as a standalone as opposed to a complete magazine release button for Kimber, the black version should be available within the next month, I'm not sure if it will be marketed as Anvil or Nova.

OK, thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out.

So Anvil and NOVA are basically the same or what are you saying ? :o

Anvil and NOVA are the same. The company or factory we know internationally as NOVA actually cater to the demands of Japanese customers as told to me by a retailer friend. They do their products in batches from the JAPANESE consumer demands and as such while we might view that they restock stuff randomly they don't.

Anvil is just the Japanese brand for NOVA; but they are the same parts from what I understand.

• Like 1

Kimber Warrior (TM-based) with Nova parts, I eventually got around to correcting the recoil-plug to smooth edge,

just the hex-screw on the mag-release to go ;)

How'd you convert the recoil-plug to the smooth front face!? I want to do that with a NOVA one too for my Kimber SIS build, mind sharing details? :D

How'd you convert the recoil-plug to the smooth front face!? I want to do that with a NOVA one too for my Kimber SIS build, mind sharing details? :D

Hey Intinerious, nothing too fancy involved with the process, just simple filing of the original recoil-plug, and rebluing.

I find the Action recoil-plugs for 1911 are best to use, as they seem to be about 1mm-2mm longer at the checkered end, which allows for mistakes if you go crazy with a file ;)

Another thing I noticed with Nova/Anvil parts, I've often got Nova parts that when the thin layer of lubricant/oil or whatever is sprayed on them before packaging wipes away, often reveals a small amount of surface scratches,

this is less evident on Anvil parts that are identical, maybe on production Nova parts go into Bucket B instead of Bucket A for Japan, stricter quality control for Anvil ;) or maybe just coincidence :)

Either way extortionate prices, its great to get a pistol as authentic as possible, and fun in a model-building sense, but I honestly think there is a hole in the market for a company to produce cheaper parts, without them being rubish.

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 1