1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments chaps, I've so wanted one for ages just a shame it took so long to get it done.

To answer some of the questions, the AR-18 was a broken JAC external gas one that I modified and shoe horned a V2 AEG box into, took longer than the laser ;)

The laser is a replica that was made up at an enginering firm, it has a real modern laser inside with buckets of room to spare! I started to do the 3 piece threaded laser outer myself but thankfully the owner took my drawing from me after watching my painfully slow efforts and created what you see.

The grip mount is the same as the one used on the film, I bead blasted the top section back to bare aluminium to look like the original.

I've gamed with the AMT many a time, I'll have to get more mags for the AR and take them as a pair!

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments chaps, I've so wanted one for ages just a shame it took so long to get it done.

To answer some of the questions, the AR-18 was a broken JAC external gas one that I modified and shoe horned a V2 AEG box into, took longer than the laser ;)

The laser is a replica that was made up at an enginering firm, it has a real modern laser inside with buckets of room to spare! I started to do the 3 piece threaded laser outer myself but thankfully the owner took my drawing from me after watching my painfully slow efforts and created what you see.

The grip mount is the same as the one used on the film, I bead blasted the top section back to bare aluminium to look like the original.

I've gamed with the AMT many a time, I'll have to get more mags for the AR and take them as a pair!

Truly an excellent replica 'Mobius' that laser certainly sets it off. Plus the AR aswell, amazing stuff. Hats off to you sir B)

Btw I just remembered that I heard from a source that 5KU, AIP and some other brand (sorry, don't remember, though I think some of you can guess...just think of the lower end brands that do CNC stuff?) all source from the same factory. Now, QC's a different story as there are differences between stuff like AIP and 5KU obviously, but since I know about this I might as well share it :P

• Like 1

Wolf, I have to ask, considering how I did with my Kimber. How do you work on such a thing without scratching or damaging parts etc ? :o

I mean, it must take 100 hours just doing 1 file move at a time :P

I personally am not that devestated about the marks on my Kimber but it's kind of sad that it is not exactly in exhibition condition any longer.

It's too hard I must say!

The biggest issue I encountered was the fitment of the sear pin!

I wanted to use Nova ambi safety and had to mod the Nova pin in order to fit! There are a couple of marks... thankfully they are under the thump-safety!

Also there's a mark on the frame from the Nova slide stop! Man when I saw this I was really angry! I spent hours of careful modding/ fitment and a rather expensive part causing me troubles! You can see the mark at the photo's!

Wolf

It's too hard I must say!

The biggest issue I encountered was the fitment of the sear pin!

I wanted to use Nova ambi safety and had to mod the Nova pin in order to fit! There are a couple of marks... thankfully they are under the thump-safety!

Also there's a mark on the frame from the Nova slide stop! Man when I saw this I was really angry! I spent hours of careful modding/ fitment and a rather expensive part causing me troubles! You can see the mark at the photo's!

Wolf

The nova slide stop (the non chrome ones) always rides too close to the frame , doing exactly that. It even does it on the PGC kits (and the finish on those is resilient...)

Still, detonator aluminum is waffles.(that made me lol once I read it)...meaning it's very soft and easy to scratch.