1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Who sells Raptor kits? I've seen it on Boomarms, but they usually have a mash with stock availability.

Are they drop-fit or need some mods? Never had WA pistol - made several projects with TM and not sure if it worth to start with WA

Edited by Lancaster

Performance wise I prefer TM but WA's have more kits to choose.

Prime kits are usually drop in fit, I've a couple of kits that needed work but nothing worth mentioning.

I have a Creation Kit that I can't make it to work properly... I've spent quite some time on it, it works but not like I'd like!!

Man I'm beginning to dislike Creation!

Wolf

TM Customs is it? Alrighty then... Thanks to Aitch for sorting me out with both the exact slide and front sight I was after in one fell swoop!

Green1.jpg

Green2.jpg

*edit* Also, I'll try and get some pictures that aren't total jank when I get some better light.

Edited by hwagan

The green slide was actually starting to grow on me, but I much prefer the black. Now all I need is a TK silencer adaptor and a suitable looking light, which are gonna have to way til payday.

As for the sights, I'm not a fan of 3 dots or full F/O's, but I like the standard black notch with the F/O front sight, gives a decent contrast. Still, each to their own - As long as they're not frikkin' 1911A1 sights, it takes about half an hour to acquire a decent sight picture.

I just found it a bit too silly, but then I don't believe in giving camo colours like drab greens and sand / tan to pistols. Would be nice to see with a suppressor or a comp though. :P

Hmm, oddly I find no issue with the A1 sights, in fact for range they are the best compared to the dots or the massive MEU ones. Still in my opinion the Series 70 ones are by far the best ;)

'FireKnife'

Looks much better @Hwagan :D

I recall your foliage warrior Fireknife, the only thing wrong with it was the bodged trigger/hammer job you tried to do on it, it was a tad borked :P

As for coloured 1911, I just sold my tan Kimber, not for me, I think a stock TM S70 is on the cards but I'm off to build 2 4.3 hicapa sex objects first :P

Looks much better @Hwagan :D

I recall your foliage warrior Fireknife, the only thing wrong with it was the bodged trigger/hammer job you tried to do on it, it was a tad borked :P

As for coloured 1911, I just sold my tan Kimber, not for me, I think a stock TM S70 is on the cards but I'm off to build 2 4.3 hicapa sex objects first :P

Actually that hammer and trigger job worked, it was when I tried to put it together after a clean that it went wrong, stupid cheap disconnector material ;)

But I wish TM would make the Warrior in Black, would love a 4.3 gun that I can use my normal mags with, that doesn't look like someone had a go with it and a tin of Games Workshop spray paint.

Will get pics up of my finished project later, with a few grips on it to see which is best.

'FireKnife'

Actually that hammer and trigger job worked, it was when I tried to put it together after a clean that it went wrong, stupid cheap disconnector material ;)

I'm no expert but in my opinion it was f***ed :P

Now I need a kindly American to aide me in the purchase of a nice set of Kimber grips (hint)

@hwagan im pretty sure mr cripps has some TK adapters. Theyre 14mm+ before you plan any Ccw supressors. :)

Cheers man; I've had one before, I just don't have the £15 at the moment! :P Screw my financial life.

Voodoo, painted frame or different frame with the rail fitted on? I've got an A1 and MEU frames just knocking around...

So a sprayed frame then Voodoo. :P

As for a bigger gas reservoir you also get a fatter grip and I like mine slim ;)

Now to get a pic of my compensator on my various pistols. Too bad the missus was round and I couldn't do some pics of her with it in her 'desireables' :P

'FireKnife'