1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Aye, aye it is a TM :P

As for the compensator it is the Madbull one that you get on SG guns etc but modified to fit by Elite Shooting Centre, they have both silver and black and have cut the lug that locks the bushing into the slide so they fit near perfect. Gives a nice look to the guns, though not sure which it looks best on, will have to get pics up.

'FireKnife'

True they are not the best when locked back, but as it is a show piece I am not too fussed. Plan to make this into a modern style Hyman Lehman custom 1911, with a compensator, 10rd mag (as TM don't make longer ones) and some form of rail mounting and grip.

'FireKnife'

Meh, for a Hyman Lebham custom it would need the equivalent of a real world 22 round .38 Super magazine, again best TM do is a 10 / 11 round style .45 mag.

Then again I am in two minds about those mags, good capacity but they stick out a fair bit and use a pinned mag system, not too keen on that for cleaning and repairing purposes.

'FireKnife'

If you were looking for a gun to pose with than actually shoot you'd have owned a WA buy now and they have pinned mags, very easy to work on with the right tools, like everything else.

Yes, you are right Aitch.

I've never got the appeal of sticking a big lump of metal onto the front of the slide. Surely it has a negative effect on cycling.

Actually the compensator is reasonably lightweight and has no noticeable affect on the cycle speed, it still returns as quickly as it did before, in fact it does give a firmer return to battery when going from a slide lock reload, unless you are pointing it straight up, but then why would you be doing that on a reload?

'FireKnife'

You can't help yourself can you?

Well I'm taking my last WA out to test before I ship it off, all TM for me now but I wont be an arrogant **** and say I'd never use/buy one again because TM "AM BEST"

One day, one day you will be able to tell the difference between sarcasm and seriousness. ;)

Tell me when you work it out.

Next post will have to be a family pic of my 1911s, seeing as the Detonics is absent from the other ones :P

'FireKnife'

Wish someone would come out with a standard commander length slide with standard barrel and bushing (as opposed to the coned barrel) that would work on a TM/KJW frame.

Yes we can but hope :( In the meantime I make do and customize my own...

DSCF6569.jpg

DSCF5334.jpg

NHT3leftsideslidelockedback.jpg

All are just standard TM 4.3 slides with bushing notches and chin cuts added and serrations plus markings filled. The outer 1911 style barrels, guide rods, springs, plugs and bushings have been cut down to suit. All work fine even on Green gas all year. A lot of custom work I grant you but until some manufacturer comes up with a decent Commander slide we have to grin and bare it :rolleyes:

The latest addition to my pistol collection..

V10 w/ TF frame

I put the V10 slide on the frame of my first TF and too some pictures with it!

And a group photo of my compact 1911's

Wolf

Love them so mutch!

Why can´t TM get the thumb out there *albartroth* and make som short 1911.

Edited by crackisbad
dont quote pics