1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

God I really hope someone drops a metal kit for the 70. I have so many Way of The Gun fantasies I want to indulge.

Why? They already exist :P.

Plus as you can already get metal kits for the 1911A1 which are Series 70 ones you could just use the Series 70 from TM with said kit and make a metal kitted one that way.

As for Wat of the Gun, damn it I wish I had the spare cash to throw at a Galco Royal Guard holster and a site that would allow for more pistols play. :(

'FireKnife'

Finding an S70 kit is a pain, I had a prowin kit years ago but the barrel  was stamped series80, pikeys so off it went :P but hopefully nova will do a rerun of theirs soon, I fancy making a Delta elite.

Well that was a hell of a stupid one on their part.

As for the Delta Elite that would be nice, but for now the Series 70 with some wrap around grips will do me just fine. :P

'FireKnife'

Now if someone would just come out with a metal commander slide with barrel and bushing set up, that would be able to take the Wilson Combat sights, I could make the 1911 I've always wanted.

Thats a nice Officers Model you have there Regular Poster. Had the real steel back in the 80's. Shot nice but still preferred the Detonics.

I believe in the movie Heat, the character is using a Commander frame with the Officers Model slide group attached. This was a was actually done quite often and there were several gun stores in the USA that had them made up that way. I used to work for Lew Hortons Distributors and I believe they offered a "special order" version that was set up that way.

You've had that all this time and not shot it? Your a better man than I am (lol).

Here is my MGC (Model Gun Club)/Western Arms Colt M1991A1 from a certain movie   Made in 1997 by MGC under licence by WA do use their magna blowback.

That looks nice.

Although MGC is now gone(actually its been few decades...) but their gun's external quality is still adorable.

It's my first time to know that MGC was under license of WA Magna system.

And one small thing. MGC is Model Gun Company.  

Well magazine will be the problem, unless Detonics uses the right size mag....or they have to go the route of Prime 228 and make custom mag...

Commander uses a shorter barrel/slide and standard frame so can't see mags being a problem. You must be thinking of Officers.

Yep. As for making an Officers using a Detonics mag it wouldn't work. The Detonics is even shorter again compared to the Officers to the point that if the real one is loaded with the full six rounds the follower pops out the bottom. On an Officers it is large enough to not have to have the follower protrude.

Still if they made a Commander or an Officers kit for a TM AND it was reasonably priced I would think about it. Now if TM made an Officers or Commander model I wouldn't be able to buy it fast enough for the want I would have (hell I am still sat here waiting for the Nickel Finish Series 70, hurry up already).

'FireKnife'

How short, exactly, are Commander length slides? Since we know you can use Hi-Capa slides on standard 1911 frames, do 4.3 slides neatly equate with Commanders or anything helpful like that?

A Commander length slide is near the same as a 4.3 Hi-Capa. The barrel of a Commander 1911 comes in at just under 4.3.

So really they could just smooth the 4.3 slides, make a bushing hold cut in them and a shorter outer barrel and would be prettu much there. It wouldn't be a big task but that depends how popular the Commander is in the Far East for a company to pick it up like TM.

'FireKnife'