1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Now with added surefire

A32F4262-E880-4427-ADE6-F8F808FFF368-263

Might not be to everyones taste.  Light is inteded for my Sig, but until it arrives its on my 1911.

Plan to add a magwell/MSH and add a stronger recoil spring

uscmCorps - I take it that they are one of kind set?

• Like 1

Check out new nova kit http://www.enten.co.jp/NOVA-TM-GMK-023-SV.html iv got two on order.

Looks basically the same as the Shooters Design one you can assemble from parts (the slide and outer barrel being the only 'special' parts and costing $150) but a lot more expensive. I guess that's Nova?

Now with added surefire

Might not be to everyones taste.  Light is inteded for my Sig, but until it arrives its on my 1911.

You didn't just buy that torch on here, did you? If so, damn your eyes, I wanted it for my SIG. I'm guessing it's a bit underpowered these days - any plans to freshen it up with LEDs or something?

uscmCorps - I take it that they are one of kind set?

We did a limited production run of them for PTS marketing purposes. They are genuine VZ Grips. :)

We had just three pairs made, one set on my Nighthawk, and the other two are on KWA 1911 demo guns. I also had a set of alumagrips made in the same fashion as the Nighthawk 1911 Alumagrips ... they're okay, but the VZ Grips are definitely cooler.

Have just completed this....

TRSRIS1.jpg

TRSRIS2.jpg

Railed Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.

Its a standard TM MEU slide mated to a TM Foliage Warrior frame thats had a TM 5.1 rail added and the original RIS holes filed on the dust cover. Has a TSC extended magwell/MSH, custom made Les Baer single thumb safety, additional forward cocking serrations, RS Les Baer TR grips, LCT trigger and engravings. Sights are from the TM Night Warrior.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :rolleyes:  Yep engravings done but for the Thunder Ranch shield logo on the opposing side of the slide, im still trying to get my engraver to come up with a way to translate it to his software program but I wont be beaten on it :angry: I will get it done somehow :unsure:

She runs like a dream but had to fit an upgraded recoil spring, just to get her 'bedded in', as the slide was tight? The non-branded 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel (from KHmountain for $9.50!) and PDI hop work very well indeed together. At 10 meters I can get a 5 shot grouping in a 3 inch circle. I think this ones a keeper, atleast for the time being :D

Railed Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.

Its a standard TM MEU slide mated to a TM Foliage Warrior frame thats had a TM 5.1 rail added and the original RIS holes filed on the dust cover. Has a TSC extended magwell/MSH, custom made Les Baer single thumb safety, additional forward cocking serrations, RS Les Baer TR grips, LCT trigger and engravings. Sights are from the TM Night Warrior.

Seems you have mastered cutting slide serrations then.

Seems you have mastered cutting slide serrations then.

Ha ha! Well nearly. :unsure:

Its easier with the MEU as the serrations are more defined but the Hi-capa serrations are a real pain to replicate due to their finer detail.

As you can see from this side of the slide, my cutting of the forward serrations weren't as good...

TRSRIS3.jpg

I am getting there slowly but like all things that are cut or worked over by hand, practice is the key.

SOCOM Gear Vickers 1911. (Yes, I know it is not 100% accurate to the game, but it dosent bother me. ). My guns are more combat sidearms, so I don't mind wear, in fact I think it makes them look better than a show piece. For some reason, SOCOM gear made the under rail smaller than normal, but luckily it still fits railed 1911 holsters. My Off the Grid Concepts holster is wearing it nicely to.

8596942609_df7e9e11bd_b.jpg

8596934801_e62c301c2c_b.jpg

8596937619_7cfec2727c_b.jpg

8596936363_6a9fc1c61b_b.jpg

• Like 1

Would also like to know seeing as some of the SG guns coming out are running KJ internals.

Though based on the mag bumper size I am saying WE magazine, the ones on the KJ and TM ones are larger and I don't recall anyone making a KJ / TM mag with a thinner bumper.

'FireKnife'