1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Gun performed great at the recent game. (Shot through a window and got someone with it, clearing a building for people to enter) Its shot a bit better than my friends KWA 1911 Tactical. Yeah, It's WE based but I have had no issues so far. (I'm thinking they've improved from the older WEs. But I can understand hearing the horror stories of old WE 1911s).

The trigger is very light and crisp for an airsoft 1911. My favorite part is the grips, which work well and look great. (Replicas of the VZ Grips G10 grips.). Its not a TM with 500 bucks put into it, but like I said its good as a combat sidearm. (Also, it fits in 1911 SERPA holsters and Kydex holsters for railed 1911s, if anyone was wondering.)

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Anyway, from my own 1980's collection.

The Magnum P.I. Colt Government http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Magnum_P.I.#Colt_Government_Model:

20130401232004.jpg

And the Miami Vice Detonics Combat Master http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Miami_Vice_-_Season_1#Detonics_Combatmaster:

20130401231935.jpg

Not to take them to a game and get them cracking along. Also grow a 'tasche. :P

'FireKnife'

so im looking at buying a sidearm (currently im packing an empty holster due to money issues) and the Tokyo Marui Warrior range of pistols has caught my eye. Anyone got any thoughts on this and/or any other 1911's style pistols that i should look at?

Beautiful, but why 2 detonics-sized backups instead of 2 full size mags?

I actually do have 3 standard 7 round mags but I don't use them on the Detonics. Out of preference mostly but it's also to do with a pet peeve knowing the real steel ones will be incompatible in that the 7 round mags will cause the gun to jam.

Looks like a futuristic ZG-51 Bulldog :P

I actually do have 3 standard 7 round mags but I don't use them on the Detonics. Out of preference mostly but it's also to do with a pet peeve knowing the real steel ones will be incompatible in that the 7 round mags will cause the gun to jam.

Erm, what? :P

The CIA and many US shooters used full size magazines in the Detonics with little issue, often as it was cheaper to run than the expensive Detonics magazines ;).

Though I only have the one Detonics magazine, I just back them up with full size mags (and maybe one of those 40rd TM ones :D).

Hmm, must get a picture of my 6 up when I have put the new grips on tonight.

'FireKnife'

John Rourke didn't have much jamming issues with his Detonics :P

Neither did Sonny Crockett.

Then again magical editing meant his Bren Ten never seemed to jam so surely something was up there :P.

Now to get some pics up when I get home, stupid boring work.

'FireKnife'

The CIA and many US shooters used full size magazines in the Detonics with little issue, often as it was cheaper to run than the expensive Detonics magazines ;).

You could, but you'd need to weld a little tab on the longer magazine like those WA Wilson Combat extended mags to keep it from going too high as that lip on the base plate is the only device that keeps it from doing so. Without it your mag can be pushed high enough for the feed lips to impede the slide from going back into battery. On the Tokyo Marui, it doesn't really matter as there's a secondary ledge inside to keep the mag from going too high.

John Rourke, well Jerry Ahern saved Detonics back in the day, stuff Sonny Crockett :P

If you compare shooters that read the Survivalist novels over those that watched Miami Vice I think I know which one will come out on top, but that is a debate for another section of the forum :P.

You could, but you'd need to weld a little tab on the longer magazine like those WA Wilson Combat extended mags to keep it from going too high as that lip on the base plate is the only device that keeps it from doing so. Without it your mag can be pushed high enough for the feed lips to impede the slide from going back into battery. On the Tokyo Marui, it doesn't really matter as there's a secondary ledge inside to keep the mag from going too high.

Or use those little extended bumpers that sat between the magazine and the base of the grip? By the looks of it a lot cheaper than buying a Detonics magazine in the real world. As for the pushing up on the magazine, unless you were tea-cupping surely that wouldn't affect it so much? But again different topic for a different section of the thread ;).

'FireKnife'