1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Hey guys, I'm having a couple of issues with my Nighthawk Custom (TM Based)

It's highly upgraded, and recently has started to fire intermittently, with the kick wavering between super powerful and weak, sometimes with the slide not racking far enough to load the next bb, sometimes not enough to even cock the hammer.

I have replaced the nozzle with an upgraded version, with no effect.

I have also noticed that the gun is far more stable when dry-firing. Issues occur when actually firing bb's, and the issue is worsened with the Extended magazines, compared to the standard MEU ones. (I have 6 mags in total and dont believe them to be the issue)

Any ideas?

Lol then I'd be in for a real fun time replacing the bits that go wrong ;)

Although If I could somehow get my Raptor and CDP back, I'd consider it :)

--

Could it really be the hop bucking thats the issue? I hope it's as simple as that, is there any test I can do? for instance, if I remove the hop-up nub entirely, or turn the hop to zero, should I see cycling improve?

Yeah, I bought the 9ball piston and it didnt really fit.. 

The weirdest thing to me is that it is smooth as anything when dry firing..

I do use a very high pressure gas (guarder power up) and as such the gun is under more pressure.

One other thing which i didnt think would have any effect but may do, is that the MSH does not have the pin that holds the spring down. Everything else seems in perfect nick.

I'd check the rocket valve and components inside the nozzle. Those are the workings that deal with gas flow to the BB then diverting it to the piston. Sounds like there is some issue there.

Incidentally, what components should be in the nozzle? currently I have the nozzle, with the small screw and clip, a cup shaped piece which I assume is the valve, and a spring, they all seem in perfect working order..

^Love Redheads so when I saw those grips I had to have them. lol

Loving those "redhead" grips 'BigAl'. Look real sweet on the TRP.

Ive looked for grips with 'girly' pics online in the US but not many manufacturers that do them will export to the UK!

Where did you source yours from?