1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I recall playing around with an old NBB one of those. It was awful but a design that really TM should do in GBB, like that old Hardballer model they did.

Now to finally get back in my office, get my phone cable and put my pics up.

'FireKnife'

Neglected to seek help? :P

Switched the slides on the Detonics...s? (What is the plural of Detonics?)

Detonics', but pronunced Detonics-es (as in the plural of James and such words that already end in an 's' that don't have an 'i' ending plural) :P.

Seek help, why oh why would I do that :P. I clearly don't have enough classic looking 1911s or pistols in general for that matter ;).

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

Mr Cripps received my Nova Springfield V12 kit today, I'm looking forward to getting this one in my hands, I just need to decide on what grips it needs, I got a nice set of POW-MIA grips from a nice ebay vendor this week when I got in my 'bone' springfield grips for my operator LDC, it looks rather nice, pics shall follow :)

Why not? anyway I've seen SD slides and outer barrels but never full kits, having been lazy and getting Mike Cripps to build it for me, thank god as Nova have changed their kits a bit and it was more work than previous models, "bit of a pig" was his his wording, but I wont go into it as I don't do reviews :P

I'm waiting to grab a S70 kit if one appears, too poor at the moment :P but fake the firing pin looks great but Mike had to cut back and reprofile the BBU to do the build, so a bt more faff with thease, the barrel paint is pish too, it's wearing through after a mag.

The new Nova kits look lovely, especially the Series 70. Fake sprung firing pins e.t.c. Tempting me from WA.

Yes, considering what was being charged back in the day for a Prime 'Series 70' kit for WA with blued finish, another trip to the bank-manager was needed.

The new Nova Series 70 for TM is very good value, I was really surprised at the quality of the finish for the price.

No major problems building the kit, just one of the prongs at the rear of the BBU need to be cut-off and filed, as the space is needed for a small bar that holds the fake firing-pin in,

this in turn is held in place by the extractor which is tightened in with a tiny hollow hex-screw.

Yes, considering what was being charged back in the day for a Prime 'Series 70' kit for WA with blued finish, another trip to the bank-manager was needed.

The new Nova Series 70 for TM is very good value, I was really surprised at the quality of the finish for the price.

No major problems building the kit, just one of the prongs at the rear of the BBU need to be cut-off and filed, as the space is needed for a small bar that holds the fake firing-pin in,

this in turn is held in place by the extractor which is tightened in with a tiny hollow hex-screw.

I have no clue as to why they did it like that. Hurricane has a separate extractor and the design doesn't need any adjustments to the BBU....

I have no clue as to why they did it like that. Hurricane has a separate extractor and the design doesn't need any adjustments to the BBU....

The main difference here being that when you install a fake firing-pin, you use the hex-screw that also tightens the BBU,

but on the Nova the fake firing-pin is not held in by the hex-screw, it is held in by the extractors pressure on a small-bar on the fake firing-pin plate.

This may be a good thing as many of you people out there who custom-build there own 1911s know that sometimes you have to loosen the hex-screw on the BBU for fine-tunng.