1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

MMmmmm nice B)

Thanks Rob,

I should have mentioned sooner, and probably have a few times in the past,

but you have been a great inspiration to me, and without watching most of your videos back in the day,

I probably would not have had the confidence to custom build my own guns, so Respect Man :rolleyes:

Anyhow here is one I prepared earlier today, 90% finished, just waiting on a full-length recoil-rod in the post somewhere.

Its a Nova Kimber CDP II kit for TM and my old-trustee WA Prime Kimber Ultra Compact CDP II.

KimberCDPII-1_zps4457ba53.jpg

KimberCDPII-2_zps7ec15d88.jpg

KimberCDPII-3_zps10ce32ab.jpg

KimberCDPII-5_zps059af363.jpg

KimberCDPII-6_zps67b6a622.jpg

KimberCDPII-4_zpse9a6a4fc.jpg

Edited by Squad 701

Awesome piece, I'm waiting for my pro CDP II kit to arrive.... glad NOVA is finally venturing on smaller 1911 kits.

Now if only they made 3" 1911 kits....

Yes a couple of members here on the forums told me they got the Nova Pro CDP kit for TM,

it seems to be selling very well indeed, now if only TM brought out pistols as fast as Nova bring out kits.

I suppose with the WA market becoming very restricted, you never know what kits might come for TM from Prime/Nova.

My Sprinfield Armory Professional, TM MEU base, PGC frame, Guarder slide, Guarder chamber and outer barrel (bull barrel), LCT spring guide, TM hi-capa plug, Nineball trigger, KJW kp06 slide stop, PDI trigger, Ra Tech grip, Nova hammer spring housing/magwell, Ready Fighter screw grip, polished beaver tail

IMG-20130502-00083_zps3bc52703.jpg

IMG-20130502-00080_zps3194ce5c.jpg

IMG-20130502-00081_zpscfd3efdc.jpg

IMG-20130502-00082_zps808ff532.jpg

my on going project, frame KJW1911 - customized to fit beaver tail and painted silver, slide KJW KP05 - engraved marking Kimber Tactical Custom II - polished and painted silver on front lower side. Next step will engrave the frame (Kimber marking/yonkers...). Reverting when I finish this project....

e2cbfcee-7726-4131-a780-b79401acbe4b_zps

my on going project, frame KJW1911 - customized to fit beaver tail and painted silver, slide KJW KP05 - engraved marking Kimber Tactical Custom II - polished and painted silver on front lower side. Next step will engrave the frame (Kimber marking/yonkers...). Reverting when I finish this project....

Nice project and weldone on shaping the frame tangs to accept a beavertail so well. Hope your going to show us when its finished ;)

Thanks Rob,

but you have been a great inspiration to me, and without watching most of your videos back in the day,

I probably would not have had the confidence to custom build my own guns, so Respect Man :rolleyes:

Anyhow here is one I prepared earlier today, 90% finished, just waiting on a full-length recoil-rod in the post somewhere.

Its a Nova Kimber CDP II kit for TM and my old-trustee WA Prime Kimber Ultra Compact CDP II.

Pleasure to have inspired you my friend.

That CDP II is gorgeous though it has to be said ;)

• Like 1

Nice project and weldone on shaping the frame tangs to accept a beavertail so well. Hope your going to show us when its finished ;)

Thx, will do. Btw I saw most of your videos (LaZouche custom), very nice. Have you ever tried to put novak/bo-mar sights on std metal slide (like std kjw1911) ?

My custome engraved Colt, std ABS plastic slide and frame. Guarder chamber, hammer spring housing and slide stop. LCT spring plug + guide. TM Warrior barrel housing. Custom outer barrel (stainless). forgot the brand for hammer. 5KU trigger. Carom grip and airsoft surgeon grip screw. KP08 thumb safety. Did the same work to my metal KP07, will post the pics latter.

2_zpsa6005659.jpg

3_zpsd8456d62.jpg

1_zps71d5c858.jpg

Edited by rd012
  • Like 1

Thanks Rob,

Gorgeous! What slide is that you have on the full size one?

Well something new from my side.

Bought this Kit second hand and it came already with ceracote paint. Seller stated it as a NOVA Kit but I am not sure but it comes with nova typical packing.

Well something is bothering me: The blowbackunit is held by a screw and a metalbar (firing pin). I have to use the metalbar of a 1911A1 and not MEU. The Rearsight is not compatlble with TM sights (I wanted to resue my tm night warrior sights). The Hole on the slide for the rearsight is little bit different -> REAL DEAL rearsight spec??

It seams that I need a also a 1911A1 Blowbackunit because there is screw on the rearsight to fix it -> screw do nothing at all -> still wobbling heavy around.

cfa3akhfqtajs0sth.jpg

Edited by sharingan

That looks like a Hurricane kit?

Because of the grip? Yes the grip are from Hurricane Kit..I only bought the slide and frame second hand.

Here are more picture of the seller

http://egun.at/market/uploaded/4098826_5139f12e8650f.jpg

http://egun.at/market/uploaded/4098826_2_5139f12e87535.jpg

http://egun.at/market/uploaded/4098826_3_5139f12e884d6.jpg

Edited by sharingan
  • Like 1

It does look like a NOVA. If it was PGC, the plunger would be re-used from marui.

If you could show pictures of the machining on the inside of the slide, I'm sure more than one person here could tell you if that's NOVA or not.

Cheers.

Well something new from my side.

Bought this Kit second hand and it came already with ceracote paint. Seller stated it as a NOVA Kit but I am not sure but it comes with nova typical packing.

Hi Sharingan,

I was just wondering could you do me a favour if you get a chance please ?

can you take a close-up photograph of the Kimber logo on the slide ?

Its just that I've often played around with the idea of getting a Nova Kimber Warrior coated,

but the Kimber trademark on the slide is fairly shallow, say compared to the Hurricane kits,

so I wasn't too sure if it was worth getting done.

Any idea how much it was to get coated ?

Cheers.

Squad.

My customKJW KP07, engraved and polished slide+frame+mag catch+slide stop+thumb safety. KP05 rear sight, KP05 chamber and outer barrel, spartan doctrine long guide rod+plug, KP08 thumb safety, prog4 trigger and hammer, nova hammer housing, KJW 1911 grip (painted white)

kp0711_zps2507ca47.jpg

kp0722_zps7bede6f7.jpg

kp0733_zps73b39402.jpg

KP077_zpsbc3c39ff.jpg

KP076_zpsa902aaa8.jpg

KP075_zps7cba6fd5.jpg

• Like 2

My customKJW KP07, engraved and polished slide+frame+mag catch+slide stop+thumb safety. KP05 rear sight, KP05 chamber and outer barrel, spartan doctrine long guide rod+plug, KP08 thumb safety, prog4 trigger and hammer, nova hammer housing, KJW 1911 grip (painted white)

Sweet jesus, that's absolutely stunning.

Thx, will do. Btw I saw most of your videos (LaZouche custom), very nice. Have you ever tried to put novak/bo-mar sights on std metal slide (like std kjw1911) ?

Not a KJW but I have cut for both a 4,3 rear sight to a Bell metal 1911a1 slide and TM Bomar rear sight on a Guarder Colt National Match 1911 metal slide for a chap in the U.S. as shown below...

DSCF6808.jpg

DSCF6789.jpg

May I say your engraving work is fantastic :wub:  That would cost me over a hundred quid :fear:  here in the UK to get just two slab sides done with that kind of detail.

Edited by MrManiac
  • Like 1

Lovely engraving.  How much did it cost to do? Or DIY?

Thx hitmanNo2, did by local engraver, cost arround 35 pound

Sweet jesus, that's absolutely stunning.

Thx hwagan

Not a KJW but I have cut for both a 4,3 rear sight to a Bell metal 1911a1 slide and TM Bomar rear sight on a Guarder Colt National Match 1911 metal slide for a chap in the U.S. as shown below...

DSCF6808.jpg

DSCF6789.jpg

May I say your engraving work is fantastic :wub:  That would cost me over a hundred quid :fear:  here in the UK to get just two slab sides done with that kind of detail.

Very nice, did you post the tutorial in youtube for the above? whats the title?

Thx MrManiac, cost arround 35 pound in my country

Edited by rd012