1911 Picture Thread

And this is my Springfield Armory GI/Millspec, base TM M1911A1, Slide/Frame : PGC/Prowin, Chamber : SD - marking Nowlin, Outer barrel : SD, Barrel bushing : Nova, Spring guide : Nova, Spring plug : Nova, Hammer : KM / SA style, Trigger : TM MEU / SA style, Hammer spring housing : LCT, serated, Slide stop : Nova - serated xtra wide, Thumb safety  : Nova, series 70, Safety grip : Nova, Mag catch : Guarder - serated, Mag base/extended mag bumper : Nova, Gripe screw : AS, Grip : SD - marking SA

photosfa.jpg

photosfalagi.jpg

photosf4.jpg

photo10.jpg

photosf7.jpg

photosf3.jpg

photosf2.jpg

photosf1.jpg

photosf9.jpg

photosf8.jpg

And together with my SA TRP and SA Professional

IMG-20130502-00084_zpsbf04f715.jpg

IMG-20130502-00085_zpse5901ca7.jpg

Edited by rd012
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Very nice, did you post the tutorial in youtube for the above? whats the title?

Thx MrManiac, cost arround 35 pound in my country

I think I did :unsure: Im not sure to be honest, ive done so many videos now :rolleyes:  Just have a look under my 'Hints and Tips' playlisting for Bomar sight fitment it should be on there somewhere. If not then I will have to do one soon lol!

Now fitted a chrome MEU outer barrel and white 'faux' Ivory grips to my 'Viceroy'....

Logo4.jpg

Logo3.jpg

Edited by MrManiac
  • Like 2

Ok MrManiac, i'll search.

Wow, nice custom/viceroy, what paint (and color) did you used?

Talking about "ivory" grips, this is my buffalo horn grips (silver colt mk iv series 80 - tm 1911 with pgc/prowin kit) and carom shot polymer grips (dark grey colt national match - tm 1911 with guarder kit)

IMG-20130609-00149_zps8575f031.jpg

IMG-20130609-00150_zps0cb9941b.jpg

IMG-20130610-00154_zps66a1cc05.jpg

IMG-20130610-00153_zpsf9ed47d0.jpg

Edited by rd012

Ok MrManiac, i'll search.

Wow, nice custom/viceroy, what paint (and color) did you used?

Talking about "ivory" grips, this is my buffalo horn grips (silver colt mk iv series 80 - tm 1911 with pgc/prowin kit) and carom shot polymer grips (dark grey colt national match - tm 1911 with guarder kit)

Thanks. She runs well and has become my choice sidearm for skirmishing, even winning out against my usual TRS :rolleyes:

The spray paint is from a local D.I.Y. car supplies chain store 'Halfords'. Matt black with their grey plastic undercoat. Gives a good finish if done on a warm dry day with even light coats. The grips (standard TM 1911a1 checkered type but sanded down smooth) are sprayed with Volvo polar white car paint.

Loving those Ivory grips. Wow do they make the 1911 look classy. B)  I purchased a set of Polymer Ivory grips which were way cheaper than the real mccoy ones but look stunning, ive fitted them to my Ed Brown Jim Wilson Special. Just wish I could get slim line versions but they don't seem to allow them in the U.S. for export :no: Same goes for the Gunsite grips ive been after, they don't export, so fustrating! :angry:

Something different I picked up, built by @Mobius Strip, I've no idea who made the kit (I'll research it if Matt doesn't tell us first) l, my mate bought it second hand from Elite, I got it for £250 (woo hoo :P) which is a ton less than he paid,

paral.jpg

parar.jpg

I'm happy :D

• Like 1

following my last post here : http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/164401-1911-picture-thread/page-177&do=findComment&comment=2629913

the engraver just sent me a picture of the result of his work, so happy with the result :D . tomorrow he'll send it to me the frame and hope I'll receive it this weekend, will post again once assemble it back ...

a8cd6eda-b2ff-4a4a-877b-4ad44fbe9caf_zps

Wow there are some very nice 1911s being made here, from Para's to Kimber's all gorgeous.

And one more for the collection, and Yes another Kimber :)

I had to use a flash on these, so the polished slide doesn't come across too well. 

Everything went very smoothly, once you throw away the supplied barrel that is,

and the Nova Kimber grip-safety fitted but caused hammer problems which I hadn't got time for,

so just stuck in the Hurricane version instead for the time being.

IMG_1001_zps0f895b04.jpg

IMG_0983_zps512ca5f9.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Squad

Another sweet kimber, you better get a nice wooden rack to hold all your 1911s. The problem with the Nova outer barrel is that there is a fitment issue around the chamber area which is easily fixed with a quick file around the back left side of the chamber to make it fit. Any one else have problems with SD steel barrels not fitting nova bushings?

Thanks guys, hopefully my last 1911, but I said that before on a few occasions :)

But I do love having an Ultra version to go with all my full-size Kimbers :rolleyes:

I've held a lot of 1911's, but the grip on this particular one with the checkered MSH and scaled-frame & grips make it stand out above the rest.

Here are a few more of my usual hit and miss shots taken in the tropical Irish sunshine B)

Thanks again to the lads at AirsoftEire for rushing me my Donor TM, I knew I was forgetting something :rolleyes:

And off course Wolfgeorge for the original idea.

KimberRaptor01_zps9e73b6b7.jpg

KimberRaptor02_zps4eda9f23.jpg

KimberRaptor03s_zpsdc2c38d6.jpg

KimberRaptor04s_zps24d2780a.jpg

KimberRaptor05_zps335a4ca9.jpg

KimberRaptor06_zps1a925f7e.jpg

KimberRaptor07_zpsfb58ddca.jpg

KimberRaptor08_zps76868110.jpg

KimberRaptor09_zps84f8795a.jpg

KimberRaptor10_zps66c98b01.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 2

Are those RS grips?

No, as Raptor grips are unusual in that they are only available to registered owners of Kimber Raptor pistols !

They are Altamont, a very close copy of the particular colour variant I wanted.

Wolfgeorge has both, R/S and Altamont.

Sometimes the R/S show up on EBay. and let's say the Altamont are getting quite scarce.