1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Fireknife is too busy having 'Sexy Time'  ;)

I think he has other two-tone plans made for that particular gun, so might not be of consequence.

Anyhow I'm not complaining as the Mag has made its quick trip to its new home, and finished off my Kimber SIS nicely,

here are a few quick iPhone shots.

Thanks Fireknife, received nice and quickly, appreciated - Cheers.

image13_zps88a01700.jpeg

image11_zpsd1542d53.jpeg

image8_zps80a58cfc.jpeg

image_zpsbda64ac0.jpeg

• Like 1

Good to hear all is well then Squad.

Hmm that does look good/

Thank you :P.

Why on Earth would you sell your only matching mag and not one of your black ones if you have so many? The black lip of a standard mag would really bug me.

Because:

1. I was not keen on it and plan for two-toning as Squad points out.

2. I have many more black or blued guns than nickel / chrome ones so wasn't going to sell them all off and get new ones.

3. Does anywhere even do spare Nickel mags UK side?

Either way I am sure someone else could put it to more use than me so off it went :P.

And in the words of Sonic from Sonic Adventure, 'good enough':

it0k.jpg
japh.jpg
u24s.jpg
umdw.jpg

And to show off what the leftover parts make:

znnh.jpg
wemd.jpg

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife
  • Like 3

Fireknife is too busy having 'Sexy Time'   ;)

I think he has other two-tone plans made for that particular gun, so might not be of consequence.

Anyhow I'm not complaining as the Mag has made its quick trip to its new home, and finished off my Kimber SIS nicely,

here are a few quick iPhone shots.

Thanks Fireknife, received nice and quickly, appreciated - Cheers.

image13_zps88a01700.jpeg

image11_zpsd1542d53.jpeg

image8_zps80a58cfc.jpeg

image_zpsbda64ac0.jpeg

thats one good looking kimber :)

• Like 1

The Kimber SIS is an eyesore to me :P

@Fireknife, you need to switch over the hammers/triggers/mag catch/pins/msh/grip safety, you'll feel better for it........probably :P

My S70 is now a Commander and it is the DBs, I had Mike Cripps do the build, he has ordered some more Nova 1911 kits after seeing the quality of their new kits.

Edited by Aitch

The Kimber SIS is an eyesore to me :P

@Fireknife, you need to switch over the hammers/triggers/mag catch/pins/msh/grip safety, you'll feel better for it........probably :P

My S70 is now a Commander and it is the DBs, I had Mike Cripps do the build, he has ordered some more Nova 1911 kits after seeing the quality of their new kits.

any pics of the commander?

Nah, keeping the Series 70 Nickel mostly in Nickel as I prefer it to the two-tone look oddly. They just feel better as nearly one solid colour but I will change over some controls.

'FireKnife'

There are some truly gorgeous 1911s im seeing here guys, praises to you all, you have me frothing at the mouth in sheer lust :wub:

I too am now the proud owner of the new TM Nickel plated S70 (pics to come) and have to say they have done a wonderful job on the finish. No mould lines, no bad waviness to the finish that can happen when ABS is plated, other than a slight patch near the chin cuts. All silver parts and controls nicely plated. Now to get a set of Ivory grips with a very sexy lady on, purely for artistic reason of course :D:rolleyes:

Im STILL waiting on my Nova Commander kit!!!! Seems Customs have gone to sleep! I have now sent an email off, after waiting a month, which should stir them up to hopefully send it my way....pllleeeeaassse :(

• Like 1

My Socom gear MEU. It looks great, the grips smell disgusting, the magazine is a pain in the appel to fill, shooting is quite ok.

The silencer adapter is CW to CCW, what is kinda semi retarded since you cannot tighten it up at all because you will inscrew either the adapter from the barrel or the surpressor.

But I put some super glue on the threads and glued it to the surpressor.

I want to give a nice used look, I think that would make it look even better.

img_0243d6k3.jpg

img_0246m1go.jpg

img_0248t51v.jpg

Already roughly polished the chamber.

img_02497618.jpg

I might need a new pair of boxers guys ..................

Edited by ariamark

Some poor middle-of-the-night photos of my 1911s;

6A0sqtZ.jpg

My Kimber workhorse, with not-yet-fitted Nineball Threaded barrel. As you can see from the chips in the finish, this pistol is the "user" if that applies. The HurricanE kits finish looks excellent but is extremely fragile.

Mostly stock.

YDuFLjI.jpg

TyIhuoQ.jpg

My Springfield Armoury V12 Custom. This thing is a monster, and has drawn blood multiple times, albeit from the razor-sharp edges on the slide. This gun has the most ridiculous glass-twig trigger and arm-shattering recoil, it does get extremely upset with you if the mags aren't at twenty degrees or more though.

Mostly custom, some original parts.

Lq89z2K.jpg

An extremely costly work in progress, this thing's set me back simply biblical amounts of money and it's not even close to being finished, needing a new slide for starters. Yes, that silver X300 is real, no you can't have it ;)

This is totally custom, built from 100% aftermarket parts, no donor parts or guns used in its construction at all, which is probably why it doesn't work yet :P

• Like 1