1911 Picture Thread

Hi guys,

The rail-adaptor is included with the new Pro-Size/Commander kits of 2013, but NOT included with the fullsize versions anymore,

also the part is identical to the Airsoft Surgeon part as I was comparing them a few weeks back.

Generally I find with tolerances it's better to use the rail-bar with screw that was included with the MEUs, as the rail-adaptor can push the front of the slide up a FRACTION of a MM enough to barely expose the recoil spring inside when you examine the gun sideways held up to the light, the only downside being that the slide can feel looser when installing it on the frame, so a case of swings and roundabouts really.

PS - Kenxin I have a Nova Kimber slide-catch for you & Khurram I have a Nova Series 70 MSH for you ;)

PPS - Icolater, the Ceracoating of the inner-frame would definitely be a nice experiment, but bear in mind with it being a non-cosmetic or mechanical upgrade the validity of it would be questioned, unless it looks amazing when installed of course :), where the only downside would be the wear on the rails under normal usage or even fitting, and how the wear appears against the normal finish.

So like I said, if the Ceracoating was strong enough to withstand a normal amount of casual racking of the slide that a Closet Queen would get - go for it ;)

Edited by Squad 701
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Some amazing 1911's on display, your operator is sweet Drake and squad that warrior is to die for, all cerakoted and all, the graphite black is Defo a more realistic color for the warrior then the matt black finish, what was fitting the parts like after the cerakoting, was the MSH a pain to fit? what about the sights? did you get them cerakoted as well? I finished my graphite black TLE the other day and it shoots like a dream, I would recommend the AIP stuff for sure. Will post pics soon.     

• Like 1

I was wondering why the finish on that Nova warrior was so odd and good-looking, and I'm still drooling over that S70. dayum.

Lovely Operator Drake, I thought I didn't like the LDC version...I was wrong.

And good 'ol  Hurricane Tactical Entry II.

God I love this topic.

• Like 1

@ CKinnerly - Top shot of Nickel S70 turned out nice, as they are notoriously hard to photograph.

@ ForkTailedDevil - Nice Tactical Entry II, which coincidentally is my next project, correcting the colours on mine ;)

@ Icolater - No problems with Cerakoted parts except for the thumb-Safeties are a lot tighter than normal, but a bit of gentle rubbing under the surface of the Safeties with Scotch Brite or equivalent to smooth them down where the coatings make contact.

All the parts were Cerakoted, except for the sights.

@ Kenxin - yes that's the S70 truly finished now, I added a Nova brass hop-unit and Anvil stainless black barrel with the slight step like the original ;) Also finished my Raptor today with brass hop-up unit and Anvil grip-safety to match the stainless black of the trigger and slide-stop, also finished my CDP with control-parts Cerakoted in Aluminium Satin and tracked down the elusive Altamont Rosewood Double Diamond grips in Korea thanks to Volante - Top Guy ;)

I forgot to mention that the Kimber Magazine-Release Hex Latch screws are now available in Japan in Black, I had to get eight of them last week :)

Edited by Squad 701

Well, I guess somebody's gotta post something some time that isn't a sweet NOVA kit fitted with all the top quality parts one could ever wish for.

Purists, look away now.  Or scroll down very rapidly or something.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Actually it doesn't look too bad. Given that the Nickel finishes on many guns are for showing off and little else this would make a great 'modern pimp' pistol that is more for intimidation than firing. :P

Also miles better than putting silly tan grips on one, now that defeats the purpose of the finish and the grip in one go.

'FireKnife'

@ Kenxin - yes that's the S70 truly finished now, I added a Nova brass hop-unit and Anvil stainless black barrel with the slight step like the original ;) Also finished my Raptor today with brass hop-up unit and Anvil grip-safety to match the stainless black of the trigger and slide-stop, also finished my CDP with control-parts Cerakoted in Aluminium Satin and tracked down the elusive Altamont Rosewood Double Diamond grips in Korea thanks to Volante - Top Guy ;)

I forgot to mention that the Kimber Magazine-Release Hex Latch screws are now available in Japan in Black, I had to get eight of them last week :)

I was wondering about the barrel. Do those barrels mate with the SD chambers? or is there a NOVA/Anvil chamber I'm not aware of?

Couple of finishing touches finally arrived for my Operator.

8wt9.jpg

wph3.jpg

Added a NOVA Wilson Hammer (stainless silver) and Guarder Barrel bushing (silver), took a bit of coaxing to fit both but I think they finish it off nicely.

Damn, that looks badass! Great job there!

• Like 1

I use Nova barrels with Shooters Design Chambers, they fit together with a little rub of sand paper on the threads, sometimes this is not needed, but I had to do it with the last couple I put together, but it takes about 5 mins and it has to be done carefully so the threads are not filed down to much but the upside is you can make them as tight a fit as required. Its an easy job.

Well....it's certainly flashy, if nothing else.

Why the full length guide rod?

That's the idea!  The spring guide is just to add more flash, I had it in my parts box anyway and it actually matches the TM outer barrel very closely.

@ CKinnerly - Top shot of Nickel S70 turned out nice, as they are notoriously hard to photograph.

It's definitely tricky to get snaps of.  You either end up with a picture of you taking the picture or the trades will blur super easily.  Far more readily than on any other gun I've tried.

Out of curiosity, does that step in the barrel on your very nice S70 there not cause an issue?  I mean I'm sure it doesn't else it wouldn't be there, just wondering.

Actually it doesn't look too bad. Given that the Nickel finishes on many guns are for showing off and little else this would make a great 'modern pimp' pistol that is more for intimidation than firing. :P

Sounds pretty much right.  I don't think there's much else I can change to take it any further down the path than it's already gone.  Unless I can somehow fit pink fibre optics or find a suitably chrome mag well.

Well to me the only thing 'wrong' is the full guide rod. Classy 1911s don't need one of those silly things :P.

But all in all it seems that it is really the only thing that needs changing to look that way. Mine has a pair of Night Warrior grips and a MSH from it as the 'all Nickel' look to me just felt a tad off. Might add a black outer barrel but that is all I feel like changing on it.

'FireKnife'