1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Ok, so do you want it to look like a Springfield model in particular or just what you want and feel like?

Damn it I need a 1911 pic to add, stupid work that doesn't allow toy guns :P.

'FireKnife'

This is what I am after:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=springfield+FBI+1911&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=119&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ycFqUpC1LYnX0QWVloGYAg&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=679

Anyone else having difficulty finding parts for 1911's lately?

I've been trying to re-configure a KJW 1911A1 into a semi-series 70 and have had trouble finding quality outer barrels (just had to settle fo a Nine Ball one which while good, is not very detailed in the muzzle area and is too glossy, so it requires emery cloth to dull it down), no black series 70 style thumb safeties and no series 70 style triggers.

Looks like I'll be resorting to taking parts from my Detonics again.

The WA looks like my first IPSC 1911. I'd buy it but the trades will most likely be butchered by the time I get it.

This is what I am after:

That to me just looks like a TRP but with the FBI choosing it (can't remember the exact model name for the FBI one assuming it is not just TRP too). Could very easily be made as it features many of the bits that the TM MEU does, then add in a chrome / bare steel outer barrel, bushing, extended mag well and some new grips. If you want the logos and the rest then a full metal kit would be in order. It is quite an easy one to make and I am sure the parts wont be too hard to find, depends how close you want to get it and if you want it to run plastic slide for winter or metal and have it become sluggish in the cold months (as sadly it will).

'FireKnife'

Pic request!

Can anyone who owns a Nova CDP kit please post pictures of it completed? I can't find pics of it anywhere except a teaser pic a page back. I would very much appreciate it =)

I didn't get a chance to take any decent shots yet, but here is an iPhone photo to keep you going ;)

IMG_3751_zps06b19e38.jpg

• Like 4

That is one of the slickest airsoft 1911 replicas you will ever see, a true work of art, the attention to detail is quite amazing. The controls turned out perfect, the color match to the slide is spot on, it even has the hex screw in the mag release. If Airsoft Surgeon (not that he would build it better) made that and they sold it on Red Wolf :yikes:  it would go for a least $10000. 

• Like 1

Costa Recon 1911

This is a Tokyo Marui based kit released by Ocean Custom Tactical (OCT-Japan), it is made by Prime/Nova and then later Cerakoted and Laser-Engraved in Japan.

If you held out until the very end like me you might of got it at a discounted price, as the original full price of $800 was well beyond a lot of people including the Japanese collectors.

Either way getting $160 off just about put it into my Christmas Present price range ;)

Rather than buy some of the harder to get Anvil parts which some of were not available anyhow, I had some of my spare Nova parts Cerakoted to black by Riflecraft.

The VZ Diamondback grips in Hyena Brown with super scoop are easily gotten from the States.

An expensive treat, but still less than half the price of some of the newly released Airsoft Surgeon offerings which probably don't even come close to this.

Sorry but more iPhone photos, getting lazy in my old-age :)

Cheers.

IMG_3796_zps2659cf8b.jpg

IMG_3802_zps9537bd71.jpg

IMG_3803_zpsa78d8c78.jpg

IMG_3805_zpsf747fb5f.jpg

IMG_3809_zps8580d4c7.jpg

IMG_3812_zpsff78ffb9.jpg

IMG_3818_zps890dd208.jpg

• Like 10

Here are a few comparison shots of the day and night attributes of the Cerakoted Kimber TEII.

During normal daylight its contrasting colour scheme is obvious, but in unnatural light it coating makes it revert back to a more tradional Kimber black appearance.

The RS KimPro II coating is even glossier than Cerakote, so it rarely looks the same in any photograph.

Bear in mind there is a Kimber Tactical Custom which has a light grey frame compared to the dark grey of the TEII frame.

Cheers.

TEII-5_zps596befe6.jpg

TEII-6_zps942493ad.jpg

TEII-4_zps011b5315.jpg

TEII-1_zpsf882850f.jpg

TEII-2_zpsda6cc2e1.jpg

TEII-3_zpsf22ff15e.jpg

• Like 4