1911 Picture Thread

With it getting closer to Christmas 'The Heat' is getting turned up ;)

WA/Prime Colt Officer ACP (lent to me by one of Santa's helpers)

Nice photos of the Officer.  Would of been better if it had been a M1991A1 Compact which was the actual gun used in the movie HEAT :D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Nice photos of the Officer. Would of been better if it had been a M1991A1 Compact which was the actual gun used in the movie HEAT :D

I think at the time these kits were available, it was probably the closest you'd get to a 'Heat' style Officer 1911.

This WA pistol is a friends kit, so probably a bit before my time on the scene, but apparently there was a lot available back then.

Personally I prefer the more old school 'Series 80' Colt markings and silver barrel/chamber, but wouldn't say no to either ;)

I'm not even too sure what the differences are between both versions of the Officer, the only external things I noticed besides the markings are the full-size Nighthawk-type trigger, black ring-hammer and black barrel.

If anyone has a photo out there of a metal kit for a Colt M1991A1 Series 80 Officers ACP I'd love to see it ??

Edited by Squad 701
  • 3 weeks later...

Lovely piece! How's the quality? I bet it wasn't easy to get that kit.... dentrinity?

Too bad it's HW ABS....

Actually Pulse-Japan.jp helped me with getting the kit from manufacturer. They have interesting inquiry service when you can ask them to look for something non-available outside Japan

I sold my two M9s (thank God) today and got the money to get a decent 1911. As a 1911 owner anyway I'm OK with brands such as SD, 9Ball etc.. But one problem I have is finding a threaded barrel to fit a standard 1911/MEU pistol.. I have my eye on a Kimber kit or WE Desert Warrior 5.1 + TM 1911A1 (Strip metal kit from WE)

Has anyone got any experience with the Madbull one or Nineball? I heard the 9Ball was made of pot-metal?

I sold my two M9s (thank God) today and got the money to get a decent 1911. As a 1911 owner anyway I'm OK with brands such as SD, 9Ball etc.. But one problem I have is finding a threaded barrel to fit a standard 1911/MEU pistol.. I have my eye on a Kimber kit or WE Desert Warrior 5.1 + TM 1911A1 (Strip metal kit from WE)

Has anyone got any experience with the Madbull one or Nineball? I heard the 9Ball was made of pot-metal?

If by madbull you mean this:

MADBULL-235BS_1_mark.jpg

I'd avoid it. I got it basically for free and I use it to have some fun with. However:

- The hop up chamber is for WE, it will work if you use a full length recoil rod with your 1911. However you can swap the hop and inner for marui ones.

- The barrel is a 3 piece affair, the thread itself is the WE threaded barrel adapter, glued to a standard WE barrel. Also the chamber and the barrel itself are separate parts GLUED together (not threaded)

- The barrel itself will end up falling off the chamber sooner or later, I guarantee it. You can re-glue it but it'll always fall again.

- The tolerances on the barrel lugs and chamber itself are horrible if you try to use it with a marui.

- It's made of zinc alloy AKA pot metal

The nineball is incredibly overpriced but what it is but other than that it's ok.

If by madbull you mean this:

< Image >

I'd avoid it. I got it basically for free and I use it to have some fun with. However:

- The hop up chamber is for WE, it will work if you use a full length recoil rod with your 1911. However you can swap the hop and inner for marui ones.

- The barrel is a 3 piece affair, the thread itself is the WE threaded barrel adapter, glued to a standard WE barrel. Also the chamber and the barrel itself are separate parts GLUED together (not threaded)

- The barrel itself will end up falling off the chamber sooner or later, I guarantee it. You can re-glue it but it'll always fall again.

- The tolerances on the barrel lugs and chamber itself are horrible if you try to use it with a marui.

- It's made of zinc alloy AKA pot metal

The nineball is incredibly overpriced but what it is but other than that it's ok.

I'll probably end up getting the Nineball as its not too much £30~ if I order stuff together and a Better internal barrel. Thanks for the info Kenxin

Hey Guys, Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, but to make up for it I am going to post my pre and after build of my newly cerakoted Nova LAPD Swat Custom II, So get ready for a lot of pictures of cerakoted parts etc, and later I will post pictures of the final build, hope you enjoy.

Frame and Slide

504d3beb-7d01-455e-a0a7-bff68ef48f13_zps

Frame and Slide

IMG_02211_zps885fec90.jpg

Inner Frame

IMG_02191_zps03cf9633.jpg

Another View of Inner FrameIMG_02141_zps798a61cd.jpg

Cerakoted Controls etc

IMG_02121_zps995d27c4.jpg

The rest Of the bits and bobs

IMG_02271_zps7f3fe2eb.jpg

The Whole pre build

IMG_02321_zps1c995d86.jpg

Should be finished in a couple of hours, wish me luck!

• Like 4

Anyone seen Colts new M45A1? Looks like the TM/WE desert warrior 5.1!

I just saw a video on YT and thought.. That's the Desert warrior!

Hmnnn

That is because it is meant to be a competitor to the other tan colour 1911 designs so they could beat out the competition :P.

It does look a bit ugly to my mind but then I was never a 'fan of tan' on 1911s. To be honest they could just save themselves some cash, bring all the old 1911s out of stores, touch them up a bit and then get them firing ;).

'FireKnife'

All I keep seeing is lovely looking 1911s with metal kits and expensive parts.

So here is some workhorses for you, some used and abused 1911s, my Colt M1911A1 and my attempt at a Commercial 1911:

DSCF0190_zps1c55b34c.jpg

DSCF0193_zps76781caf.jpg

DSCF0197_zps2a53c9bd.jpg

DSCF0196_zpsf00f4c59.jpg

DSCF0198_zps58feaf7d.jpg

DSCF0191_zps0f5b56e2.jpg

Now to go and batter them around a bit some more.

'FireKnife'

• Like 1

Finished at last turned out perfect, not one problem during installation for a change, hope you like.

Thanks a million to all the guys at Rifle Craft UK for an AMAZING cerakote job, this is graphite black but there are many other colours available and I would recommend them for any cerakoting project, make your gun that extra bit unique and special.

My Kimber Swat Custom II

039dbba7-a1a5-4bb2-836e-8260e6f2cd7a_zps

0cd8b4dd-6f85-43b1-914d-683b105f6b94_zps

155ff0dc-07dd-49ba-8da0-398554a97006_zpsIMG_02381_zps9b965638.jpgIMG_02571_zpsad18ccff.jpg

• Like 3

Absolutely lovely, looks remarkably alike to my friend's RS Kimber.

Yes I totally agree, very similar to Kimbers current release of the TLE,

probably as close as your going to get to RS with a TM based kit.

Great work Icolater, thanks for sharing your photos on a special gun.

PS - possibly the first person to get an inner frame Cerakoted, it will be interesting to see how it wears,

I'm glad everything was a perfect fit.

• Like 1