1911 Picture Thread

The compensator looks off with the rest of it, tbh! Spend some time with some wet and dry (or better yet, micromesh) and buff it to a high sheen! :D

Fellowz: Those magpull grips look really quite nice. What are they like in the hand?

they are very nice indeed, a little narrower than the old grips but ill get some spacers for them eventually, but very nice to hold and shoot the texture isnt as grippy as some but thats not much of a concern to me

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

anyone ever done a D shaped nozzel or have any pictures of one? so i can have a good idea of what is required

I can take pics of my Detonics' nozzle and bbu if you need them, but if you meant sticking it on a regular 1911 slide I don't think anyone's tried that yet. Another problem is that the nozzle and bbu aren't available on their own IIRC so you'd need to get them from a donor gun.

Update on the Operator; it's getting cerakoted soon, so it will look even better in Squad's pictures :)

I'm still undecided on whether to get a steel outer barrel or leave the Detonator Storm Lake threaded barrel in there. I could always get both...

BigAl, if you're looking to offload that TRP, let me know the specs and price (posted to Ireland). Cheers.

for the life of me i can't seem to find any railed frames for sale i need one for this project but everywhere i have looked so far all the NOVA kits are sold out. unless having a rail machined similar to the one on the Desert Warrior is an option but i will have to have a chat with my machinist to see if it is possible at all.

for the life of me i can't seem to find any railed frames for sale i need one for this project but everywhere i have looked so far all the NOVA kits are sold out. unless having a rail machined similar to the one on the Desert Warrior is an option but i will have to have a chat with my machinist to see if it is possible at all.

pulse japan seem to have stock. dunno how reliable they are, but the frames are ~£130

I can take pics of my Detonics' nozzle and bbu if you need them, but if you meant sticking it on a regular 1911 slide I don't think anyone's tried that yet. Another problem is that the nozzle and bbu aren't available on their own IIRC so you'd need to get them from a donor gun.

some pictures would be great, i just need to get an idea of other alternatives if i am required to make changes to the BBU and Nozzle due to the placement of the RMR mount

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, many things in Hollywood don't pan out in real life. Take Tubbs for instance: the way he pulls his Ithaca out from thin air you'd need to have it clenched between your butt cheeks.

That is very, very true. Even as cut down as it is that thing would need to be held by some form of awesome invisible system to not flop about in the real world.

Saying that it does seem that he always has it just when he needs it and never any other time. Though it reminds me I need to go back to Season 1 and 2 after trudging through 5.

'FireKnife'