1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Ooooo lovely.  Should chance the hammer though n maybe a solver grip safety.  What kit is that?

I like the hammer, it's a ProG4 SVI Square skeleton hammer and it's exactly what I had in mind for the build.

It's not a single kit, every part was individually purchased, so it's a Guarder slide (the only FBI kit I could find that was in stock), on a raw/unfinished Nova frame (ordered in from Japan with the assistance of ESC) which I had glass-blasted and clear-anodized, Gunsmodify H3 sights, Hogue tulipwood grips that I handpicked at the Hogue booth at IWA2013.

I went for the black grip safety because this frame requires and is cut for the ultra-high hold Ed-Brown grip safety, and I could only find black ones in stock, and that had to also be ordered in directly from Japan, it cost almost as much as a new AEG M4. I also like the little touches of black, the plastic parts on the light, the dots of the hammer and sear pins etc :)

The whole gun was built from purchased parts, not a single part came from a donor gun. I think the only Tokyo Marui part in the whole thing is the Hop assembly, and that was only because the Nova brass ones hadn't been released when I started building it :D

You don't even want to know what I had to go through to get a Silver Surefire X300 - Go ahead and search for one ;)

That is the sexiest 1911 I've seen.

:D :D :D Thanks Edited by Aod

Sorry mate, looking again closer I can know see that the hammer isn't the piece of *suitcase* TM one, it's same style put properly made.  Personalli I would have prefered a round commander hammer but each to there own.

Never heard of clear anodizing before, looks great.

In total a genuine work of art true custom.

Hehe, thanks matey! I'm not surprised you do, with an Asahi WA2000 DX. Have you modded yours with a hop?

Sorry mate, looking again closer I can know see that the hammer isn't the piece of *suitcase* TM one, it's same style put properly made.  Personalli I would have prefered a round commander hammer but each to there own.

Never heard of clear anodizing before, looks great.

In total a genuine work of art true custom.

Ah, no worries matey, it is a little hard to see especially if you didn't enlarge the images. My other Springfield 1911 has a rounded commander-style hammer which looks good on it, very close to the hammer they originally came with.

Clear anodizing is just anodizing with no dye-additives so you just get the colour of the aluminium, but don't worry, Mike hadn't heard of it either :D

Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it.

Out of interest, you wouldn't happen to be the Al that has a TM 1911A1 with a PGC metal kit on it, would you?

Edited by Aod

Looks nice. Bumped around and looking used as it should. You pull that and it just says "Yeah, I've done this before". It gives the pistol "personality".

Like the armory marking as well.

Saw a TM MEU that looked much like this and was completely stock but the owner had used a dry brush with steel paint and had gone over the edges and high spots very lightly. Looked awesome and everyone thought it was a well used metal kit. Wish I had taken a picture as it fooled everyone.

If I want to throw RS grips on it would I need to dremel out a notch for the weights in the grip

Why not just do away with the grip weights?

when I fitted wood grips I just threw them on and threw away the origonal plastic grips and grip weights.

Er, yes.  Why do you ask?

Installed by Pro Airsoft Supplies? If so, how did you get on with it? I hope it worked well for you! :)

SniperX is no longer on business... He did this as a personal favor, I was a customer for years when he had the shop with his brother.

Wolf

Ah, very nice indeed. Lucky you! :D

Why not just do away with the grip weights?

when I fitted wood grips I just threw them on and threw away the origonal plastic grips and grip weights.

That'd be my preference too, it's not like the grip weights make the thing feel realistically weighty anyway, might as well pitch 'em out and get some proper grips on there that feel good :D

Edited by Aod
  • Like 1