1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Hi Icolater,

I hate taking shots of silver-slided guns, especially when the light is intense,

they usually turn out Albatross !

but I gave it a quick go for you ;)

Surprised Nova/Anvil didn't release the Kimber parts in Silver as well as stainless steel,

they might be forced to this year ;)

CDP201_zpsbcd99ae2.jpg

CDP202_zpse913dba2.jpg

CDP203_zps7af00a6b.jpg

CDP204_zps13114d89.jpg

CDP205_zpsa616b196.jpg

CDP206_zps4ba2bd7e.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 4

For Icolater,

After getting a frame Cerakoted, the barrel-bushing seems to fit perfect initially, as the first half-turn is loose,

but as it tightens towards the end it will scrape the Cerakote finish as the last half-turn is extremely tight.

So your best off filing the small latch on the barrel bushing to avoid this.

This is a shot of Mr P's Operator when I rebuilt it after Cerakoting.

I came so close to being tempted to use a barrel bushing wrench to get it on, but luckily enough I didn't take any chances.

So all turned out well in the end.

IMG_4069_zpse8c7e338.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Squad, I love those CDP's so much, really amazing pieces, I did manage to sort out the bushing mark at the front but you can still see a slight mark, but no bigy, I have another TLE 2 build in operation so this time I wont make the same mistake.

• Like 1

Hey Squad, I love those CDP's so much, really amazing pieces, I did manage to sort out the bushing mark at the front but you can still see a slight mark, but no bigy, I have another TLE 2 build in operation so this time I wont make the same mistake.

Its Airsoft ;)

Put something away in a box for a few months and when you look again there is new marks :)

Its those Gremlins I tell ya, they mess with my stuff at night while I'm asleep

Love that Delta, think it's the High Combat Sights and Commander Ring Hammer, I bored with seeing Novaks and Fancy Hamers.  Would look even better with a Hard Chrome Frame and Swenson Safties.

Ummmm, don't fill my head with ideas bigge ATM I can ill afford to send that frame off to hard chrome.

mmmmmm Delta Elite, I'm hoping Nove re-release their kit this year, or you can flog me yours K.A :P

Got my fingers and leggs crossed for a old type Meu and and Colt Combat but seriously doubt Nova or Pgc will ever do them older 1911's except for 1911a1's, should've bought them PGC's  when they were readily available bud and exchange rate two dollars to a pound, them were the days ;),   kicking myself for not buying the discontinued Pgc SA Mil Spec kit .

Edited by k.a

Old School MEU rocks had the WA one in a PGC Kit year ago ( will see if I have any pictures ), lovely simple fighting gun.  As for a Combat Comander, that would be fantastic.

Edit : Found some.

45s006JPG.jpg

45s007JPG.jpg

45s004JPG.jpg

Edited by BigAl
  • Like 3