1911 Picture Thread

Pictured here are the remaining 3 Hurricane Kimber conversion kits, the other one being the Kimber SIS pictured a few posts back.

These are good value for money kits that are worth having a look at if your a beginner getting into building your first custom kit.

They are relatively cheap and include most of the needed parts.

Kimber Desert Warrior, Kimber Tactical Entry II & Kimber Custom Covert II. [Hurricane]

IMG_4291_zpsc426f415.jpg

IMG_4294_zps09113776.jpg

Cerakoted MSH and Grip-Safety, except on the middle 'Desert Warrior' which has a Hurricane Grip-Safety and non Cerakoted MSH.

IMG_4306_zps46ef49ab.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 4
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

My humble offering...

mod edit: Please keep pictures PG13 friendly

Built by Mr Cripps

TM MEU base

Airsoft Surgeon Operator Kit

Nova Vickers magwell MSH

Nova Trigger & Slide release

Pachmayr American Legend Grips (which I like but I'm not that keen on, might try some of the Magpul ones on it)

Surefire X300 (which I'm pretty sure wont come off now lol)

Just need to get a TB barrel and nineball rubber and make a holster for it and maybe a single sided safety as I'm not keen on the ambi safetys and its pretty much done.

Also featured are my two favourite patches... Cos I like patches (A lot!)

Edited for DERP.

Edited by crackisbad
  • Like 3

Nice Kimber selection, only missing your NOVA tle, which along with the CDP is my favourite of your builds, not a big fan of the PGC tle (LAPD CUSTOM 2) has a weird looking rear sight, It's an amazing collection Squad nice to see all the hurricanes together, love that covert makes me sad I got rid of mine.

• Like 1

Hi Icolator,

There wasn't much space left to squeeze the Nova LAPD SWAT in to the photo, but its the on the previous page in post #3945 with the Surefire-type light.

I know there are a few people here who would love to have a Kimber Ultra Covert including myself ;)

I've my new kimber CDP here but it's looking a bit pikey :P my order of all nova silver bits is in the air, hopefully they'll arrive by the weekend :D

Hi Aitch,

I have a pair of Chip McCormick 1911 Rosewood Grips that would suit your CDP Pikey ;)

PM me if your interested.

image5_zpsde03e019.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can find a Nova or AS LDC kit in stock? Been looking everywhere..

The Nova SF Operator LDC was a 2013 resale of the newer version of the kit,

so this years resales will probably be different or usually what's in demand in Japan.

Maybe you can make Drake an offer he can't refuse ;)

Well it's fantastic!

The past few days I've been building guns(wife is away... :P) and i noticed a noticeable drop at Nova quality.

I'll post the gun I'm talking about in the next few days...

The above Kimber Warrior was a complete drop in fit, I had to mod several stuff in order to make it cycle!

For instance the outer barrel come in the said kit didn't even fit in a Nova stainless barrel bushing!!! Luckily I had an older Nova barrel and used that instead.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest, I was expecting more!

Wolf