1911 Picture Thread

Does your internet provider not give you an allocation of hosting space? I use my talk talk/tiscali allocation for all my pics and it's free, I've quite a few uploaded, search your providers website, all you need is a FTP client for uploading, I think using web based hosting sites is daft  when most ISP do have space for you?

Edited by Aitch
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Does your internet provider not give you an allocation of hosting space? I use my talk talk/tiscali allocation for all my pics and it's free, I've quite a few uploaded, search your providers website, all you need is a FTP client for uploading, I think using web based hosting sites is daft  when most ISP do have space for you?

I am at work at the moment and using the hosting space is blocked as it is meant for work purposes, hence why I said I will do it later as web hosting is being a jebend and at home I don't have to worry about it ;).

'FireKnife'

• Like 1

Nice. Used to own a few wa 1911 s (para ordinance, 3 kimber tle rl pro, kimber tle and a couple of non 1911 beretta s). Kinda wish I kept them but sold them all to move over in to the marui 1911 world which IMO has much better options available for the marui platform these days.

Sure, will try at the weekend for you.

This was a strange one. I've polished and blued airsoft for others in the past, and it does actually come out looking deep blue like the RS.

On this however (Army), they seem to use a higher than normal aluminium content in the cast alloy, so it turns a deep brown / bronze (which still looks nice), so I may have to try an aluminium black when I do my next one of these in a couple of weeks.

Manufacturers seem to use slightly different alloys to each other, so you can't always tell how it will come out until you apply the blue.

The main thing though, yes you can get the finish, but doesn't wear anything like blue on steel as it wont bite into the surface properly - hence I lock it in with a very hard clear epoxy (rattle can clear coats don't work - and too soft and weak)

Finally after 5 months of waiting here it is!!
Full steel Kimber Stainless Raptor..
I waited cause I wanted a custom serial number and ordered it way before it's manufacturing!!

StainlessRaptor3_zpsb4febeed.jpg

StainlessRaptor4_zps3fd47455.jpg

StainlessRaptor2_zps889806b4.jpg

And finally received and the slide of the steel V10 I had sent for refinish due to damage during transport!

StainlessRaptor1_zps722479c7.jpg

StainlessRaptor_zps8fa2f644.jpg

Wolf

• Like 6