1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

K, so I had posted this build before, but I've changed a lot of stuff around (including the frame). So now it's much closer to the original, admitedly missing a few of the parts that just can't be bought or easily modded. But for the most part it's all there. I also know that LaZouche did this gun less than a year ago I think, but I wasn't particularly happy with a lot of the plastic parts and mods he used, I would much rather have a slightly incorrect, but full metal, solid parts gun. That's not to say he did not do a great job still though with the tough bits of this build.

So here's my Metal Gear Solid "Snake Match" 1911:

YnDd5OY.jpg

JOhrjwk.jpg

ZIfKmej.jpg

vkM2Aqa.jpg

Fox

Edited by Fox62
  • Like 1

Are the front and rear sight cast as part of the slide or are they removable?

Hi Al,

Here's the original link for the previous 2013 version from Enten showing the parts including front and rear sights.

The new version has the advanced frame and comes with Stainless-Steel Barrel and Chamber.

So it should retail for $450+ approx.

http://www.enten.co.jp/NOVA-TM-GMK-020-BK.html

K, so I had posted this build before, but I've changed a lot of stuff around (including the frame). So now it's much closer to the original, admitedly missing a few of the parts that just can't be bought or easily modded. But for the most part it's all there. I also know that LaZouche did this gun less than a year ago I think, but I wasn't particularly happy with a lot of the plastic parts and mods he used, I would much rather have a slightly incorrect, but full metal, solid parts gun. That's not to say he did not do a great job still though with the tough bits of this build.

So here's my Metal Gear Solid "Snake Match" 1911:

YnDd5OY.jpg

JOhrjwk.jpg

ZIfKmej.jpg

vkM2Aqa.jpg

Fox

This is the best 1911 on this page... Just saying... My 1911 is closely modeled to this. Can I get a parts list? :)

• Like 1

This is the best 1911 on this page... Just saying... My 1911 is closely modeled to this. Can I get a parts list? :)

For sure Mike! Here you go (keep in mind you can build a much nicer gun if you want to drop more cash for the steel bits and not have to mod stuff yourself):

Base guns:
- ARMY R27 (MEU) Frame
- KJW MEU slide (I wanted this one in particular because of the untraded slide, I might add the serial number for a Drake slide in the future.)

Modified parts:
- I polished the sides of the slide with up to 2500 sandpaper, and also polished inside the front serrations.
- Polished A1 grip safety Dremeled into the an slightly extended "Ducktail" type.
- I pinned down the grip safety, so it is always off.
- I cut down the right side MEU ambi safety, and sanded the pin until it looked like a rolled one. I then polished the left side safety.
- Polished ring hammer from a KJW MEU
- The blowback unit is modded to work flawlessly with the ring hammer.
- Fitted the KJW inner frame into the ARMY frame for a tight fit with the slide.
- Polished flathead screws
- A polished feeding ramp for better feeding
- KJW MEU leaf spring and hammer parts

Aftermarket parts:
- Element long slim slide stop for Marui Hi-Capa
- AIP aluminum trigger for Hi-Capa
- TSC CNC aluminum flat Main Spring Housing
- Nine Ball outer barrel SAS
- 1911 Auto wood Combat Grips (with carved etching)

Also guys, as 1911 aficionados I totally get where you're coming from. The gun's cool for those of us who played the game, but as a 1911, it's a bit Japanese-ey over the top and doesn't exactly hold any historic value or makes a whole lot of sense as a combat gun. Plus I didn't exactly use the expensive, boutique parts on most of the guns on this thread. It would for sure be more interesting if it had custom built (from scratch) parts.

Fox
  • Like 1

so as this is the '1911 picture thread' we should only be posting pics of 1911's and not other models, like any other variant of colts 'government' model pistol. the '1911' or '1911a1' is a specific military designation for a particular model of colt pistol, but u guys already know all this.

its just that everybody calls them "1911's" when we all know they aren't really

(sets shields to max)

You'd be surprised what I make in a month.

It was the late 80s and he was an airport cop, it probably was more than he made in a month ;).

its just that everybody calls them "1911's" when we all know they aren't really

Ok, that one is not the same :P. Just to give some proof: http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html, http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-1911.aspx and the Dan Wesson Valor 1911 as well. They are all sold as such and use 1911 as the official, in factory product name. The 'Series 70 Commander' one is more a moniker that has gotten misleading and leads to arguments. The only arguments you get over a SIG 1911 and a Colt M1911 is the purist going 'but it isn't a REAL 1911' etc. :D

However here is the original commercially made mini-1911 that doesn't feature 1911 in the name at all:

PTDC0023_zps7a30f4a8.jpg

'FireKnife'

Pretty sure the Detonics was the second, the Star PD came first iirc.

Release year puts the Star one year ahead. However the Star is not a 1911 design in the same way the Detonics is. The Detonics is just a commercail cut down with parts re-designed from the get go to make it work. The Star PD is a whole different pistol, just happens to be a .45 and SA. Still the Star PD actually looks kinda nice.

Plus I don't think many patriotic classic 1911 lovers would like to hear tell that a Spanish company beat a design to it :P.

'FireKnife'

The Star PD was lovely little gun, a mate of mine used to have one and I used it regularly.  It also had a good reputation at the time far better than the Detonics.

I had forgotten I admit that it wasn't a straight 1911 design even less so than the detonics.

Actually the Star PD had some problems regarding reliability with anything other than full-metal jacket ammo. It was also not very robust. I worked several years in a gun store and while the PD was a popular seller, it was also a major repair headache.

The Detonics main issue was with the early stainless steel models. Most people didn't realize that you had to put a couple hundred rounds thru the pistol before it became really dependable. I had a MC1 and it was one of the best small pistols I ever owned. After the break-in period, the pistol functioned flawlessly, with all types of ammo. Like a idiot, I traded it (along with some cash) towards a HK P225 (also a nice pistol but I could never shoot it as well as the Detonics).

I also owned the Detonics Servicemaster which was like a Commander sized version. Wish they'd make a airsoft version of that one. It was a pretty sweet. I could also go for a Scoremaster as well.

Really enjoy my TM Detonics, surprisingly accurate for such a short barrel and I just bought the TM Strike Warrior last week. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet (just too cold here at this time).

Edited by Wingman