1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Really enjoy my TM Detonics, surprisingly accurate for such a short barrel and I just bought the TM Strike Warrior last week. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet (just too cold here at this time).

According to a old comparison in the justpistols.co.uk website (now defunct), the TM Detonics is the best perfoming GBB pistol in cold temperatures. The small plastic slide makes it very efficient.

According to a old comparison in the justpistols.co.uk website (now defunct), the TM Detonics is the best perfoming GBB pistol in cold temperatures. The small plastic slide makes it very efficient.

Well that and the smaller piston space. It really can be a tank though, especially on the TM 40rd magazines :P.

'FireKnife'

I'd like someone to come out with a MEU style magazine for the Detonics as then I could add a mag-well to the grip frame and could finish up a little project I started awhile back. Sort of a mini-MEU. Those new sights on the Strike Warrior would work well also.

i read that review as well, i like to run my detonics slide on a series 70 frame when things get really cold, seems like the best of both worlds, larger gas capacity and lighter slide.

detonics1911left_zpse6f70064.jpg

detonics1911right_zps586b9386.jpg

series 70 frame, 1911a1 trigger, 4.3 hicappa hammer and the detonics slide has a stainless tightbore in it

• Like 2

For sure Mike! Here you go (keep in mind you can build a much nicer gun if you want to drop more cash for the steel bits and not have to mod stuff yourself):

Base guns:
- ARMY R27 (MEU) Frame
- KJW MEU slide (I wanted this one in particular because of the untraded slide, I might add the serial number for a Drake slide in the future.)

Modified parts:
- I polished the sides of the slide with up to 2500 sandpaper, and also polished inside the front serrations.
- Polished A1 grip safety Dremeled into the an slightly extended "Ducktail" type.
- I pinned down the grip safety, so it is always off.
- I cut down the right side MEU ambi safety, and sanded the pin until it looked like a rolled one. I then polished the left side safety.
- Polished ring hammer from a KJW MEU
- The blowback unit is modded to work flawlessly with the ring hammer.
- Fitted the KJW inner frame into the ARMY frame for a tight fit with the slide.
- Polished flathead screws
- A polished feeding ramp for better feeding
- KJW MEU leaf spring and hammer parts

Aftermarket parts:
- Element long slim slide stop for Marui Hi-Capa
- AIP aluminum trigger for Hi-Capa
- TSC CNC aluminum flat Main Spring Housing
- Nine Ball outer barrel SAS
- 1911 Auto wood Combat Grips (with carved etching)

Also guys, as 1911 aficionados I totally get where you're coming from. The gun's cool for those of us who played the game, but as a 1911, it's a bit Japanese-ey over the top and doesn't exactly hold any historic value or makes a whole lot of sense as a combat gun. Plus I didn't exactly use the expensive, boutique parts on most of the guns on this thread. It would for sure be more interesting if it had custom built (from scratch) parts.

Fox

Awesome thanks man ^_^ But I am wondering how does it not make sense as a "Combat gun". all features are rather functional, minus maybe the cutting into the grip for the knife, never tested that. Extended slide catch, extended safety, commander hammer, threaded barrel, checkered front strap... Trigger is a little fancy I guess. I feel a lot of the pistols on here posted with the fancy kits on them that are way over priced for useless trades (yes useless, these are airsoft guns, not real kimbers/springfields:P Oh the heat I will get for this....) and such aren't very functional in comparison, and as for history who cares? If you choose to run a 1911, your making history for it and continuing it's legacy, keep it going! OH and finally... here is my 1911....   airsoft001.jpg

Has some paint wear in this photo... has a decent bit more now from use.... once it starts warming up probably going to strip it and repaint it.

• Like 1

The combat gun point would be about it featuring in Metal Gear Solid 3 as the main protagonists go to gun but it has a bright, 'in the white' slide sides and controls.

These are not good for a military combat gun as you would find black / green / tan better. But it is for MGS so makes sense in their world :P.

'FireKnife'

here is my 1911.... airsoft001.jpg

Has some paint wear in this photo... has a decent bit more now from use.... once it starts warming up probably going to strip it and repaint it.

That's pretty nice, get the extended slide stop and replace that grip safety though! Also the mag release should be checkered, and you should be running traditional A1 mags, not the Wilson type.

As for the super expensive kits, I know they are pricey, but accuracy is nice. If you want to run "stuff that just works" then you can make do with pretty much anything. If I'm a big fan of certain gun I'm gonna want to run an as-close as possible when playing.

Fox

Edited by Fox62

@FireKnife: OK that is fair didn't even bring the color scheme into mind at first, yes the shiny silver bits are a bit of a give away, suppose there may of been one or two times my pistol gave me away...

@Fox62: I don't want an exact copy of the gun, I like to add my own little design to it, makes it a bit more original that way. The mag release is checkered though... bit hard to tell. As for the mags it is a WE MEU lower and though I have traditional mags I have a lot like that to, they still work, so why not use them? May do the slide stop though, I cant reach it with my thumb yet still maintaining aim down range.

The pistol did start off all black... probably was a better "combat gun" then... :D

Got myself a used RS Colt M1991A1 on the top with my MGC/Western Arms.  There are cosmetic differences including that the barrel is flushed and while the MGC/WA it sticks out

IMG_3364_zpscef21c7f.jpg

IMG_3363_zpsfc5dcdf3.jpg

Here is a photo of my RS with the fake Ivory grips.

IMG_3361_zps4ac4b927.jpg

Edited by planeman
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...