1911 Picture Thread

Two of Nova's 2015 range of Colt 1911 kits for Marui.

SAI 1911 5" and SAI 1911 Commander.

The finish on the 5" model is Armour Black Cerakote, Courtesy of Suzutomo Co. Ltd. Japan.

All 2015 Nova 1911s feature steel-barrel and chamber, and the new full-rail system - so no need to use the inner frame from the Marui donor gun anymore.

Other kits due within the next couple of months are SFA MC Operator & Champion Operator, followed by the first release for Marui of the Colt Gold Cup.

First up though will be the Prime-Blue Colt 1911 WWI Model which features a complete set of steel parts as previously seen on the Prime/WA kit. 

IMG_7112a_zpswv3x5ylm.jpg

IMG_7118a_zpss5cr0wiq.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

OMG!!! They are beautiful!! Especially the full size with the Armour black Cerakote, I would even go as far to say, it could be coolest build Iv seen ever, the paint job is outstanding, the controles really contrast well with armor black, they look almost graphite black, great attention to detail. I can admit I'm jealous, very jealous.

• Like 1

They are lovely Squad! Very very nice! I might be interested in that Champion Operator when it arrives!

Thanks Delta,

Lots of interest in the Springfield Champion Operator, and especially with the inclusion of the stainless-steel barrel and chamber.

The previous Commander/Pro-size barrels supplied by Nova in aluminium were very poor to say the least ;)

Release is provisionally Aug/Sep for Springfield's and Gold Cup.

TM really do need to come out with a bunch of compact 1911s. The detonics is a bit pants and it has a lot of proprietary parts

I'm actually working on that. I have both the slides (from 3.8" to 3") and the frames ready.

Need funding for prototypes though... yuck.

• Like 3