1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Al, Get in touch with Squad 701 mate :   ).

Hey Al,

I've a small supply of each, the release is very limited as only 200 were made (100 of each type) in total.

Half have already gone for Japanese distribution, so whatever remains will mainly be online sales only, most HK shops won't be stocking these over the counter.

So these should be sold out within a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

Sorry Big Al, it isn't going to happen anytime soon, they agreed to wait until Marui eventually release a compact size 1911, as they don't want to supply the compact magazines with kits due to price restrictions.

Literally any Officer/Ultra can be CNC'd tomorrow, but they'd rather your donor gun supply all the necessary parts and magazine :(

Nova Springfield Operator and Champion Operator are now available, but limited.

Next up is the Nova Colt 1911 WW1 [Prime-Blue] complete with full set of steel control parts, similar to previous Prime/WA version, but for Marui. (Mid-September)

Then shortly after that the Nova Colt Gold Cup [Polished-Sides] should be available.

Christmas will offer a surprise Commander-size 1911, again it will be a first for Nova for Marui ;)

Any other 1911s will be after 2015, expect the usual contenders Kimber, etc.....

Cheers.

Edited by Squad 701

Original was just plain ABS. I scratched up the surface to give it a machined sort of grain then sprayed it flat black and oiled the surface.

I usually tape a piece of sandpaper around 400 grit on table, put slide on top and slide against a ruler, apply pressure and slide slowly & smoothly, after few times each side I buff the finish with some sort of polish, finally oil the surface with an old towel ( soaked with oil from other guns :P )

I always do this to my 1911/2011 ABS slides.