1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Lovely piece mate, shame about the machining marks on the right though.

The circular machining marks are all the way through the slide on both sides....

Apparently the Japanese like there machining marks for authenticity,

just a pity they're circular....

With the Hi-Gloss Prime Blue finish its not particularly noticeable ;)

I'm a big fan of the original WW1 style of 1911, seems to have more in common with more modern 1911 releases bar the Beavertail of course :)

PS - the triggerguard on all these Prime kits had some bad machining, no escaping it :(

Was a case of having with some flaws or not having at all, then again if your good with your hands it can be refinished...

But I ain't that good..

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 1

Squad, I abandoned Photobucket a while ago.  Haven't really adopted a single service for everything yet.  I use a mix of Imgur and Google Photos.  Might sort out a Flikr account properly one day.

Wolf, any idea where I can get an R-Type 1911 frame like that? 

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • Like 1

Colt 1911 Series 70 Silver (Marui/Nova)

Staying on Georges theme of silver 1911s ;)

here is mine, impossible to photo with the reflection,

hence the darker tones....

Yes the barrel is actually silver - looks nearly black in bad photos :(

Super Rosewood/Rosewood and Pale Walnut grips also look super on this gun...

DSCN3412_zpsmlipfjw6.jpg

DSCN3413_zpstczkw1js.jpg

DSCN3414_zpsmgridqlk.jpg

DSCN3415_zpspqv2efdn.jpg

DSCN3418_zpsw8pcvozy.jpg

the photo closest to true colors..

DSCN3421_zpsetsizixf.jpg

DSCN3424a_zpsbowlkalq.jpg

DSCN3431_zpsperx9wap.jpg

DSCN3433_zpsrxfyrwex.jpg

DSCN3437_zpsif4opxja.jpg

DSCN3439_zpspdqj5ncc.jpg

DSCN3504_zpssdhvzwds.jpg

1911-04_zpslz6jhquy.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 3

Squad that's an epic photo session love the S70.

My silver S70 is the only reason I didn't buy the silver Nova S70.

Hitman there was a R type metal frame in the Japan Auctions recently but it sold around $180 IIRC that's too much for my liking.

There are not many frames available but they pop up from time to time.

I recent discovered a very weird and beaten up R type with missing parts in my parts bin.

I completely forgot it existed.

I'll post photos later

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge
  • Like 1

The circular machining marks are all the way through the slide on both sides....

Apparently the Japanese like there machining marks for authenticity,

just a pity they're circular....

That's from a fly cutter for flattening out a surface. Personally I really like the spring cut machine marks on your piece. Makes it more rugged with a no frills GI feel to it. You only get the linear marks after a lot of sanding and polishing which I find to be more suitable for race or presentation pieces.

That's from a fly cutter for flattening out a surface. Personally I really like the spring cut machine marks on your piece. Makes it more rugged with a no frills GI feel to it. You only get the linear marks after a lot of sanding and polishing which I find to be more suitable for race or presentation pieces.

Yes - exactly ;)

Because it's a Prime-Blue finish it creates a lot of problems at the final stages....

The side-polished Nova kits like the S70, Raptor, Commander and Gold Cup have more consistent finishing despite the cheaper prices.

Cheers.

I use my Google Picasa account but it requires like 3 steps to get the image URL code out and resize values for posting so it's not very smooth. But it works for me :D

You can use the Old Picasa style setup with "no redirect" option so you get around the Google/Gmail integration GUI.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Well the marks may add character but then Prime applied the Prime Blue paint..

I don't feel these 2 bond well correctly.

The Prime blue is more suited to display pieces.. I didn't but that kit for the marks.

I felt like I would be dissatisfied with it.

Wolf

Were over at a friends apartment today and looked at his collection of western arms pistols, it was fun to see how far WA has come in production and manufacturing. 

Like example, he have one of the first Colt 80-series 1911 produced by WA and one of the newest of the same model by WA and the trademarks looks good on the oldest model but compared to the newest, it looks not so good anymore, trademarks are a lot deeper and smoother on the newer WA guns, they really stepped up. Sad I didn't take any pictures of it doh :(

Interesting.  I had the original and re made version of the Wilson Super Grade.  I can't remember how many years were between their releases but I believe the Magna version came out in 1996.  The SCW3 was easily 10+ years after.  Quality was much better on the 1996 version.

BIbkMw9.jpg

oZNnuBz.jpg

vurXyVt.jpg

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • Like 4

https://m.facebook.com/kensprops/

I have been talking with Ken for sometime now and he seems to be the only one who is taking advantage of 3D printing for serious airsoft application. Slides, barrels, sights and mounts for TM Glock, Hi-capa and MEU. It's plastic but it's Nylon 12/PA12 polymer, not crappy resin. Highly recommend you guys check him out.