1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

There are two more M45A1 kits due within the next 6-months....

A full Nova aluminium CNC kit with all control parts included, and a full-steel version w RS grips from Papago Arms..

First up though should be the Colt Series 70 Gold Cup aluminium kit from Nova including competition trigger ;)

• Like 2

The Papago kits are really nice but the price matches the level of detail of the kits. I would not be able to justify it. Especially not if that full steel kit is for TM system which can only use slim 1911 magazines and gas :o

*pfufft*

• Like 1

Squad, do you know if the Papago will have Nova-style on-frame rails? Have you seen the Trigger Happy M1911A1 and Series 70 kits?

Hey PS,

The Papago version will indeed have the full-rail frame also known as advanced.......

Yes I saw the Trigger Happy/Detonator steel 1911 kits and spoke with them about it....

The TH 1911A1 now includes the new barrel-link set-up allowing quicker/smoother action and less chance of barrel-chamber wear.

Nova have no plans to copy this new system just yet.

The TH S70 steel kit was basically made in a very small batch mainly by pre-Orders from people who had bought the 1911A1.

They are both very nice kits, but sadly fit into the highest-end price category similar to FPR who've just released their steel SFA V10.

I guess the only slight gripe I'd have about the TH steel kits is the trademarks, the font-Size or debt just doesn't look quite right...

As both these kits are restricted to the Korea/Taiwan market due to steel handgun kits being illegal in Japan,

there may be a further release of aluminium versions later in the year through Enten in Japan.

The Nova M45A1 kit including parts will be coated with either CeraKote or Gun Kote.....

The next 2 Nova 1911s should be the Gold Cup and M45A1, the WC Pro has been delayed until Xmas16.

Cheers.

• Like 2