1911 Picture Thread

They came from an old WA AMT Hardballer.

It's very hard to find the grips... It's hard to find the WA Hardballer with the grips on too!

Wolf

Yeah, they do seem to be rarer then rocking horse poo, been scouring ebay US and tinternet in general for mine but no luck :(  .

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Original grips are impossible to find.. Actually I don't think I've ever seen any for sale.

WA grips are also very very hard to find, it's also hard to find a gun with the grips on too!

Wolf

I haven't bought the mafioso kit yet simply due to the fact that I can't get AMT grips, and pachmayr don't seem right on an longslide.

• Like 1

Will try to do a shoot video soon

I find the finish on the Masfioso to be flawless every part is very well made.

The bluing is smooth and rich and not grainy as the pics might mislead you too.

The Ra-tech is a bit different I guess it has some sort of coating like Cerakote? It has a cool matte black non glare finish that I really like but it is a bit grainy and I cannot call I flawless I have considered having it professionally redone with proper sandblasting and recoating by a gunsmith.

So finish on the Mafioso Kimber is a 9 of 10 since it is just a regular bluing and nothing special. But the metalwork and attention to details make it a very nice piece.

Finish of the TRP is really cool but a bit sloppy they have been cutting corners on the finish a application of the coating which is a bit sad when it seems all other things seems to have been stepped up a notch in quality terms comparing to their earlier "all steel" guns.

• Like 1

Any tip on where i can get a spare part grips from an ASG/KWC Dan Wesson Valor 1911?

See here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/215529-cybergun-colt-1911-rail-guns/?p=2758969

RS / TM / WE grips and whatever can be modded to fit KWC 1911 style pistols :D

Hollow airsoft grips require minor mod.

Solid RS or airsoft grips take a bit more work.

RS screws are not compatible.

Edited by NonEx

f6ad82ed8056344993b9adb2bd94f7ef.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday too. Mines just a $40 Bell though.

Because you and Vietnammarine got a classic WW2 m1911a1 and we are on the topic of finishes I thought you might like to see a comparison?

Since I got both : )

365e41081215ebb32c563c4338eda638.jpg

0b070ad3007524f18991d715e9977819.jpg

2c52600d2f7a9ba6898ce926f024a89f.jpg

9dc724a7b4408874e0e83d42b7f03bb5.jpg

d4313772409e56cc8aecbd2047613544.jpg

The bell is a bit thick and grainy with spots but looks dirty and gritty like a WW2 gun. I have filled in the markings a bit with ivory off-white. The Cerakote finish of the KWC is beautiful and the best parkerized look-a-like I have ever seen. The only thing is that it is almost too good to be real it might need some pittings rust spots and oil stains ; )

• Like 1

On your bell, are the slide engravings raised rather than sunken? I'd love to make mine a little less of an eye sore but I doubt there's much I can do about it

I don't think it is engraved it looks stamped. Which explains all the protrusion metal around the markings.

If I look closely on mine and (I think you might even see it in the pics) there are square marks from the stamps. Probably that could be filed down a bit and make it more crisp. But stamping will always be a bit uneven.

The KWC definitely has real deep and very sharp engravings. It is also interesting that they have not copied the Tokyo Marui like Bell but made them probably from a rs counterpart.

For those of us that have lamented the fact that we could not disassemble our KWC Colt Railguns because the ambi-thumb safety was glued together..well..they are not!

I found this video on Youtube by mistake. I tried it on my own 2 tone and "praise the airsoft gods", it totally works.

Check out: "Elite Force 1911 Tac Disassembly and Reassembly". WARNING: what he says about the detent spring being able to take flight is totally true! Be careful.

I was so happy, I nearly shed a tear (lol). Certainly and unusual design, but I feel a lot happier about these pistols now.

Video quality is fair, but you will be able get the idea.

Cheers my friends.

Why not just post the direct link?

Is it this one?

That's a pretty standard disassembly technique for ambi 1911 safeties though so they must be a really tight fit or lightly glued in place. I am pretty sure I tried it at least twice on mine.

Don't have any reason to test this myself right now but would be nice if it works :D

Edited by NonEx

Gotta learn that direct link stuff (lol). Generally never have a need for it so I've not learned how. I will do better. Yes that is the video. The bit about removing the ambi-safety starts at 6:35 into the video.

Anyway, it does work. I did it and the secret is that you seperate the halves of the safety when it is only half way to the full up position (which you do when working on a TM/KJW 1911) when the slide is off the frame. There is no glue involved here. Again, watch out for that detent spring.

The system in this pistol looks relatively simple compared to a TM/KJW style and that maybe why they seem to keep working in poor conditions. They seem to be pretty easy to repair as well when using one of their Elite Force repair kits.