1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

There not Marpat there UCP.

Yeah... some sort of pixel camo that's not M90. I'm no expert on the subject.

Haven't seen any but silverback made a pair of marpat laser grips. Boom arms got em. Is it ok w desert camo? Then I found some on eBay.

Saw the Silverback laser grip on Boom, and they're not exactly what I'm looking for, but they'll do in a pinch. And I'm not in a hurry to finish my project, as usual.

What kind of grips did you find on eBay?

If they're diamond-cut AlumaGrips, that could absolutely work.

http://i41.tinypic.com/izyjjq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On Thursday I will be comparing the VFC V1911 to a SureFire 310R :)

I'm really looking forward to that (contemplating a V1911 myself) and also really liking these .gif previews - very cool indeed.

[EDIT]Having watched the video - which is neat, thanks - I'm looking at the hole in the rear of the V1911 where a pressure switch might be attached. What sort of pressure switch might one use? And does anyone have a guide to doing so? It looks like there used to be one on Arnie's, but it's long gone...

Also, you say the LED isn't great. Can it be replaced? And if so, does a drop-in LED module fit?[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

PureSilver.  Try the extension fix for Firefox or Chrome for Photobucket's dickery and you should be able to see the pics of the guide.

I'll try and dig out my comparison of the output of the V1911 with a bunch of other weapon lights.  You can swap in a Surefire module if you wanted to.

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • Like 1

I'm really looking forward to that (contemplating a V1911 myself) and also really liking these .gif previews - very cool indeed.

[EDIT]Having watched the video - which is neat, thanks - I'm looking at the hole in the rear of the V1911 where a pressure switch might be attached. What sort of pressure switch might one use? And does anyone have a guide to doing so? It looks like there used to be one on Arnie's, but it's long gone...

Also, you say the LED isn't great. Can it be replaced? And if so, does a drop-in LED module fit?[/EDIT]

Thanks for watching!

I have a few more upcoming vids about the V1911. I'll have to see if I can squeeze them in this season, of if I have to wait until after new years.

The module I have has been thoroughly investigated and dismantled, so I have a few strategies in my head that I will try out until I reach a conclusion.

Unfortunately, the LED is quite cheap indeed. My first thought when I bought the unit was "Wow! This is one bright and focused beam!" but after dismantling the bezel I found the prism needed and things started to make sense. The V1911 manual accompanied with the light mentions the LED-unit as a spare part, complete with part number and all (VF9-VLT-LEDQ5-01), but the sites I found it on have removed most spares but the slide catch from their inventory. Maybe asking VFC directly is the way to go? Otherwise, when the LED burns out, I'll try soldering another one onto the plate. Worst case, I still have a busted bulb. 

Since SureFire parts fit the V1911 there's always the option to use a SureFire bezel, or a SureFire bulb, if the soldering fails. But using a SureFire R30 bulb, which costs between 19 and 29 dollars, in a 50 dollar flashlight makes me cringe.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless the barrel well in the slide is too small, the barrel shouldn't have a problem. If this does happen you would see marks on the barrel.

Could be the lugs on the chamber causing your lockup problems. Look at your barrels, and see if there are any blemishes or dents on your lugs or barrel.

Could be the lugs on the chamber causing your lockup problems. Look at your barrels, and see if there are any blemishes or dents on your lugs or barrel.

Thinking about the same, try the following:

removing everything, just leave outer barrel and slide, test with your hands to see if they could go into/out of battery without difficulties

I did similar thing, end up having to chamfer the edges of the locking lugs inside the slide

• Like 1

another shot showing the gbb in the holster/stock and how there is plenty of room for either hammer down or cocked and locked carry

ae4uu7sz09363dfx.jpg

also shows a bit of the filing work i had to do on the msh, did it all by hand with needle files, took 3 days.

thats a stock TM msh and the attachment parts on the holster/stock are steel, so whilst originally it was a good tight fit, after using it as my primary for a vietnam weekender there is a small amount of side to side play that will only get more pronounced = me not looking forward to filing a steel msh so might have to explore getting someone to machine it for me and do a proper job

worked amazingly well for the whole vietnam weekend and i was pleasently suprised when more than one person offered to buy it on the spot without even asking me how much it was !

Edited by hotelkilo
  • Like 3

I can see where you might be right about a full length 1911. While it has the inner length (that Mauser pistol is quite long) the inner taper of the front end could be a problem, What brand stock is that?

My only other suggestion was going to be to get a hold of a WE Commander length slide and barrel as it has the proper slide shape and early military style sights, I've used them on a couple of my own "franken-builds" and they work pretty well (especially on KJW 1911 frames!). You will still have the cone barrel, but everything else would look period.

*I'm such an idiot..I just actually watched the video and saw that it was a stock for a Inglis Hi-Power. sorry about that.

Edited by Wingman

the stock is either a reproduction of or a mismatched parts/refinished inglis holster stock for the canadian inglis high power.  the browning high power has a 4.75inch barrel instead of the typical 5inch barrel on a standard 1911 and the high power has a more narrow profile at the muzzle, both aspects would make the stock/holster a better fit for the high power.

unfortunately i havent been able to test the stock/holster with either a full size 1911 or with a high power, will report back when i have more information.

and thanks for the kind words guys, i am certainly pleased with how it came out  :)

Heavy metal - two full steel 1911s at different ends of the price/era spectra. Apologies in advance for the usual terrible phone photos...

The first is my new second-generation Mafioso Kimber LAPD SWAT II. This is a full billet-CNC'd gun with the Nova 'advanced'-style monocoque frame, modified upon request to accept CO2 magazines. It's wonderful in every way, and so it should be at about $1,200. The only issue is a weak recoil spring, presumably installed for use with green gas. Since I will be using CO2 exclusively this'll be swapped out soon.

24659852518_20a0b6ded1_c.jpg

38500463642_d5d06bb9ae_c.jpg

38532300661_21cf1bb4dc_c.jpg

The second is a second-generation Inokatsu 1911A1. This is a cast gun which allegedly fixes some of the problems widely reported among first-generation models. Mine at least fired out of the box (which is more than can be said for blobface's example) but you'll have to file the frame (or the magazines themselves) to fit the skinny-base KJW CO2 magazines, the grip safety is almost comically wobbly, and if you pull the trigger hard a couple of times it'll disengage the thumb safety and fire. These catastrophic safety issues minor niggles are somewhat ameliorated by the sub-$400 price Powair6 are currently charging and a truly monstrous kick and report when fired. At one third the price of the Mafioso, and less than the cost of a TM 1911 and a decent aluminium kit, I'm prepared to do a little work on a gun that is fully steel throughout.

26756358659_46e712bd61_c.jpg

38531976221_dfa0170e73_c.jpg

Edited by PureSilver
  • Like 2

I love mafioso!!! I have five of his guns!! One kimber stainless, 2 kimber compacts, 1 kimber lapd (new) 1 kimber ultra. All with co2 cuts!!

The new LAPD is great but his best gun was the ultra size!! So perfect!! Only differance between new and old lapd models is the controls, they have slightly better shape to them (more real). The hammer and sear needs to be changed in your LAPD IMO, the trigger pull is not great, I swapped all my mafioso hammer housing parts with a Nova hammer and sear and airsoft master piece disconctor, works much better. His second best gun IMO was the original stainless 2 as you could fit all nova control parts to it, the newer models can't take nova controls only the supplied parts. I'll post pictures soon.

Great buy BTW

Edited by icolater
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

That Mafioso is indeed a thing of much beautility!

I would buy one in a heartbeat as soon as finance allows it. Especially the new 2017 version.

Does Mafioso take on custom requests by any chance? If one, for example, would like a TLE Custom II slide instead of the LAPD slide, so it better matches ones Sheriff gear?