1911 Picture Thread

20171212-114741.jpg

A quick update of my RWA full steel GRP 1911 with a prototype I'm working on, it fits over KJW CO2 magazine and retains with the original pin, this was a rough print I did which I sprayed black, will get the final version in better plastic from Shapeways. 

Capture.jpg

Thinking about making a version that increases BB capacity (by securing the pad on either side with grub screws instead of a pin all the way through), might require a new spring though. In any case, will probably put the different versions up on sale on Shapeways.. think I might get in trouble if I leave the logo on there though if it's for sale, should probably take it off. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 5
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

managed to find a more suitable 1911a1 to use with the stock, 

mo629umm0lclzx6s.jpg

s0narn8xzyekzkeg.jpg

as i suspected it wont fit inside the stock so i will have to consider permanently altering the stock to make it work as a holster with the full length 1911a1

Edited by hotelkilo
  • 1 month later...

AW Custom (Armorer Works Custom) Springfield V10 compact in silver :D

http://www.armorerworks.com/airsoft/guns/pistols/ne-series/ne1001.html

$109 USD from KY Airsoft: https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/ne1001-sv-46834?category=609

Always wanted a V10 GBB pistol but the only ones out before this one was plastic Western Arms ones, and metal kits for that (mucho dollars) and then some custom high-end steel kits for like $1000-$1500 USD... This fits me perfectly :)

Some first impressions here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/217425-aw-custom-1911v10-compact-gbb-pistol-d/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2780622

Nikon D600 DSRL pics  B)

CreQT4e.png

2ZEBY5I.png

GHcrV7r.png

Edited by NonEx

Nice Nonex!! I'm hoping run in workshop will do a traded version at some stage. Looks very decent though. Any chance of an internal picture of the rails, bbu etc please.

I added some more pics here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/217425-aw-custom-1911v10-compact-gbb-pistol-d/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2780633

You know you want to.

DIC PIC

Well of course I want to, you damn turd! :P

I am trying to tell myself that I can do without!

Tell me that this doesn’t look good sorry nonex...

From CRW

MEH PIC

RS

YEAIH! PIC

Well, no, I actually don't think it looks good. The base finish of the pistol out of the box is so-so, so when you add so-so markings, as in the CRW picture, it makes it look worse.

Also IMO the RS markings are pretty non-descript so I feel like it can kind of get away without them. *trying to convince myself*

If I were to have it with markings it would have to be by RIW and custom finished afterwards but I don't think it's worth it.

Just now seeing the subtle bi-tone of the RS one (very sexhya!) and the hex screws.... hurrr durrr...

Maybe if I sand down the paint/finish on those parts it will look kinda like that? Might be worth a try :D

Why are you doing this to me? :(

Edited by NonEx

What you could do it have it bead blasted to take off all the paint. Then get it engraved.  Then polish the flats with some fine wet n dry on a piece of glass. Then some kind of clear sealant spray.

Though that's a lot of effort for a $100 gun heh.

Yes that could be one way to get it pimped out a bit but like you say, a lot of work and money to spend to refinish a $100 USD pistol. Depending on how much I like it I might look into asking Run In Workshop for a custom one :)

Haha, thanks icolater, trying to help save me from myself :P

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20171212-114741.jpg

A quick update of my RWA full steel GRP 1911 with a prototype I'm working on, it fits over KJW CO2 magazine and retains with the original pin, this was a rough print I did which I sprayed black, will get the final version in better plastic from Shapeways. 

Capture.jpg

Thinking about making a version that increases BB capacity (by securing the pad on either side with grub screws instead of a pin all the way through), might require a new spring though. In any case, will probably put the different versions up on sale on Shapeways.. think I might get in trouble if I leave the logo on there though if it's for sale, should probably take it off.

Where did you get the heinie slant pro for the 1911?

I was playing around with Fusion360 and my 3d-printer and came up with this little beauty:

post-101073-0-82496400-1519431255_thumb.jpg

So I began to wonder if there is any general interest among airsofters for a Hyman S. Lebman-style compensator, even though it's 3d-printed?

If not, I'll just keep it as a nice touch for my future project. :)

I have tried bluing on some parts of my steel 1911

Barrel

26696268888_8fd8cbd8b2_b.jpg

26696268698_0038dbf946_b.jpg

40525210172_10555b9828_b.jpg

Chamber bluing done wrong but i think this uneven colors are not look so bad.

Trigger

38757494750_def359f8d6_b.jpg

And extractor.

38757494680_c914ff4086_b.jpg

I purchased industrial oven for the whole kit bluing.

I'll upload its picture when it is done.

• Like 4