1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to make a custom 1911 I could call my own, and skirmish with also:

22yqug.jpg

Marui series 70

Taino Koba frame with nova parts. Novak dovetail for sights. Detonator Heinie slant pro from the HK45, refitted for the 1911. Stock internals.

My main skirmish pistol.

• Like 1

I guess that's how they survive. I moved away from buying WA's recently because they cost too much to buy stock. I promised the only WA I would pay big money for was the Swenson custom with the S&W sights. Building them used to cost less, but the hike in shipping and conversion rate now makes that costly too.

Have to also give props to the KWC/Cybergun 1911's. Have a Colt Rail Gun and the 1911A1 with parkerized finish.

They work all the time and I've never had a weather issue with either of them. They work so well that I've pretty much retired my KJW's and TM's (no I'm not giving them away..lol)

My only issue is that, every now and then, I was activating the thumb safety while shooting. I took a dremmel tool and just deepened the notch in the lever so that the spring loaded pin just went a tad deeper into the safety.

Those photos of the WE and KWC/Cybergun Rail Guns are terrific. 

• Like 1

Does the KWC function correctly? One thing that put me off the WE models is weird hammer interactions (ie. the gun would only fire after racking the slide, rather than cocking the hammer). One of the reasons I loved the WA's so much was their 'realism' so to speak, in regards to hammer operation, firing at an angle without pissing away all their gas, etc..

I never made the leap to connect the Tsunami to it, must have moved away from WA by that point, still it's sad to hear, Gunsnguys was a great retailer too, but I'm guessing they're gone as well, considering their website times out nowadays.

• Like 1

If you don't rack the slide, how would it fire? :o

From an empty chamber that is.

Never tried it with my KWC I don't think since that doesn't make much sense to me. Either insert magazine with slide locked to the rear and then release it, or insert magazine with slide forward and then rack it.

I have a couple of videos on my KWC 1911 you can take a look at.

Well then... let's make this a picture thread again now that we got that sorted out ;)

Got this from QRF two weeks ago... Anyone see anything strange? :o

vMeb0Ig.jpg

At first I thought I could live with it... But no. So I messaged QRF on FB and they are sending me a new one :)

Edited by NonEx

Lol ...Seneseo

I'm a huge WA lover as well .. I've kept many WA 1911s in my collections.. I have at least one of each version of internals.

Now I'm messing around with a Rtype.. I'm trying to build it without the use of donor gun..and boy.. parts for Rtype are super hard to come by!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge
  • Like 1

QRF custom engraved AW Customs Springfield V10 in chrome/stainless/silver. Probably engraved by RIW. Pretty sure it's from an early run as I signed up for one on their Facebook within 10 minutes of them posting about it :P

It should say "GENESEO", not "SENESEO" :P

Other than the spelling mistake on the frame on the one I got the engravings are fantastic, thus why I suspect RIW does them, and they posted two days later on FB that they had them available as well  :P

The Springfield insignia on the right hand side of the slide, jizz :o

The pistol itself otherwise is no better or worse than my original AW Custom non marking V10 in silver. As expected.

Here's what the new one looks like that they will send me.

P2mKSTm.jpg

If you were to nit-pick, the kerning (letter spacing) of the serial number is too wide but I rather have them do that (probably artistic freedom because it "looks better") than a spelling mistake  :D

Edited by NonEx