1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

They remind me of QRF, they stock the most niche items, often don't even list them on shops and you can get stuff direct by contacting them, I got a Ghost Island steel set for the WE M9 as well as steel magazines for the M9 as well, I've literally never seen those mags even listed on any other sites, right now they have some CNC full marking PDW kits for GHK that I have never seen online anywhere, but their website.. customer service... definitely could do with a lot of improvement. 

16 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

15 hours ago, blobface said:

CRW uses carrier pigeons to update their stock level... 😕 

Huh. As far as the red ones that I wanted, they ARE out of stock.

Just my luck...

TM based Colt National Match.

Added some subtle bling with some stainless parts. Outer barrel, chamber, bushing and spring plug.

Picture is junk - I'll try to get some better ones. The kit was courtesy of our member "K.A" - great guy to deal with and the kit was spotless.

EvaJWJo.jpg

7RaTGRf.jpg

• Like 4

Shopped locally at CRW a couple of times and it's a great store that has a lot of items that's hard to come by elsewhere. Only tried ordering from them once overseas. Not too impressed with the time it took to handle my order and the lack of communication up until I contacted them to ask what was going on. After that though things went smooth and I'll probably order from them again.

@garry Nice piece! Who makes the kit?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, antroa1985 said:

Nice! That's not a bad serial number either.😋

Did the first ones all come with a black outer barrel? I remember this kit having either gold or silver outer barrel.

For the 5 inch you could order it with black or silver. I ordered it with black.

With the commander there wasn't an option on barrels 

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Another TM / Guarder build - 1911 A1 Army.

I didn't like the oem dark brown plastic grips, so gave them the faux wood treatment.

This is quite useful, as 1. saves you buying and possibly modding wood grips, 2. you can retain the grips weights to keep the gun a nice weight.

smuVXMP.jpg

ZvwjVAC.jpg

24aKQkT.jpg

Edited by garry
  • Like 7
  • 5 months later...
My KWC 1911 Tactical
KWC 1911 Tactical CO2 GBB pistol
RWA (Redwolf Airsoft) Threaded Outer Barrel
MAGPUL MOE 1911 TSP Grips, FDE
ACM SureFire X300U flashlight replica

VZB7svE.png

NWrXzFx.png

Additional pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/NxctH7d

Clean looking piece as always nonex, looks great. Nice work on the photography as well
  • Like 1

And to think I got a whole bunch of new Dremel stuff this Christmas.

That KWC Tactical is really sharp. I have the Colt Rail Gun in all "stainless" and just got the RWA  Nighthawk Custom Covert Ops with the thought of making a Two Tone with Black slide and silver Rail Gun frame. Only issue is the front sight is a bit loose on the Nighthawk and I've not been able to figure out how to remove it and replace it or tighten it.

Ah, perfect Christmas gift for an airsoft gun smith :)

Yeah, I am a strong advocate of the KWC 1911 CO2 pistols, they are awesome for the price, no doubt.

I wanted to install fiber optics in my sights but my drill bit broke off half way in to the first dot on the rear sight so that didn't work out :(

The front sight might be removable with like a 0.3mm allen wrench from the inside of the slide but I haven't tried it myself. But it looks like there is a screw of some sort in there.

Ok, I found the hole where the screw is supposed to be. But, naturally no screw and the hole is not threaded. However, I checked the Colt Rail Gun slides and they also have the hole but no screw. It appears KWC are now driving a pin from the inside of the slide up into into the sight post through a second hole and it a real tight press fit or glued. Who can figure.

Decided to lock tite it down and see if it will hold. Now here is where the KJW system of a screw from the outside top of the sight going into the slide is the better deal.

Re-assembled the pistol in the new "new" two tone format and it does look pretty sharp. I have to agree that these KWC's are pretty good, my KJW MEU is a bit better, but only after a boat load of upgraded parts.

Thanks for the assist..again!