1911 Picture Thread

Hey Squad 107

I thought I was unlucky when I recieved my Nova Parts for my warrior, there are little scratches everywere, because all the components have the same very light scratches it looks almost uniform, but my main spring housing had a huge deep scratch, which I sent back and since recieved a replacment that was perfect. I find Hurricane parts quite good value for there quality, there are made of steel and fit with out to much pain, I think the only part available on its own is the grip safty but from time to time Elite shooting centre have some parts available.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

As much as I hate to say it, FireKnife is right in constantly harping on about stock TM 1911's :P This thing just performs like a monster. God I've missed cycle speeds this quick...

photo48.jpg

photo47.jpg

photo46.jpg

Also, if anyone happens to have an utterly mint, box-fresh, flawless, perfect condition TM 4.3 Hicapa slide in Black they want rid of, I shall pay a fair sum for such an item.

• Like 1

Hey Intinerious, nothing too fancy involved with the process, just simple filing of the original recoil-plug, and rebluing.

I find the Action recoil-plugs for 1911 are best to use, as they seem to be about 1mm-2mm longer at the checkered end, which allows for mistakes if you go crazy with a file ;)

So cold bluing does work then on MIM parts or are the Action plugs steel? May now give this a try myself as spraying isnt that good and soon chips off.

I have a 4.3 slide here, ill dig it out tommorrow and check it out ;) meanwhile someone buy my GRP :P

That'd be hugely appreciated man, cheers! And I'd buy the GRP if I had the money :P Might be worth asking Mike Cripps nicely to advertise it for ya, seeing as it's box-fresh?

Also, I think this may be the first ghetto fibre optic front sight I've seen on these boards... Filed out a gouge, superglued fibre optic rod, et voila. I'll be replacing it with a proper one once payday gets here, but it actually works perfectly...

photo50.jpg

photo49.jpg

Sidenote; The TM ACU foliage warrior grips are so godawful I actually can't even give them away for free.

Edited by hwagan

And red is my favourite colour! :P Guessing it's a TM ABS slide right? Either way, PM me how much you want for it and consider it sold :)

Also, maybe so, but I know Mike has advertised second hand stuff for people before! Saying that I doubt it'll be around long, they're pretty rare. Anyhoo, I'll shut up now before it gets even more off topic :P

Thanks for the comments, but actually this was shot with natural light :P (can't beat mother nature!)

In hind sight I should have shot with the light kit because the clouds covered the sun half-way thru throwing the white balance off so I had to tweak them a little bit in PS. But it's a *badgeress* so set up so not something I just do on a whim...

Anyways here is the light kit though : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4200W-Continuous-Lighting-Kit-Studio-Video-Lights-/170607224338?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item27b8fba612

Excellent kit and good seller.

Hey Intinerious, nothing too fancy involved with the process, just simple filing of the original recoil-plug, and rebluing.

I find the Action recoil-plugs for 1911 are best to use, as they seem to be about 1mm-2mm longer at the checkered end, which allows for mistakes if you go crazy with a file ;)

Another thing I noticed with Nova/Anvil parts, I've often got Nova parts that when the thin layer of lubricant/oil or whatever is sprayed on them before packaging wipes away, often reveals a small amount of surface scratches,

this is less evident on Anvil parts that are identical, maybe on production Nova parts go into Bucket B instead of Bucket A for Japan, stricter quality control for Anvil ;) or maybe just coincidence :)

Either way extortionate prices, its great to get a pistol as authentic as possible, and fun in a model-building sense, but I honestly think there is a hole in the market for a company to produce cheaper parts, without them being rubish.

Eh, I'd be careful and use the better NOVA part XD Mind I ask how you reblued the plug? :P

Also, I think NOVA parts are basically the reject pile from Anvil. Not to say they aren't good, but obviously QC is lower, so it lends to the theory that my friend told me where the NOVA/Anvil factory caters to the demands on Japanese customers as Anvil seems to be their 'front' so to speak :P

OK thanks, too bad I just bought all NOVA parts for my RA Kimber. Is it mainly the surface finish which is better on the Anvil parts? The NOVAs have alot of spots and blotches and marks etc...

Oh, BTW, I ordered one of those RS hex magazine screws from Brownells, will let you know how it works out. 6 USD :D

And since this is a picture thread and we have been without pics long enough, here is a shot of my KWC 1911:

nx_1911_gray_01.jpg

Just noticed the safety is engange even with the hammer down, yes, that is a flaw of the functionality on the KWC!

Edited by NonEx

".45 Longslide with laser sighting"

Western Arms SCW2/3 AMT Longslide

Prime metal kit

Western Arms aftermarket metal chamber

Lightweight blowback chamber

Lightweight recoil spring plug

Usual fiddle inside

Scope mount cosmetics as per the original

650nm/5MW laser

Currently working on discreet switching and some other minor details.......

AR-18 AEG for decoration

AMTlaser1.jpg

AMTlaser2.jpg

AMTlaser3.jpg

AMTlaser4.jpg

AMTlaser5.jpg

AMTlaser6.jpg

• Like 4