1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

hi squad,

where did you purchase those protec grip weights ?

already did a google search but nothing came up

thanks

Hi Whitehawk,

You should be able to get them from any Japanese retailer that's posts abroad,

as expected being Japanese they are not as cheap as they should be.

Try Sanko-Web.

These strike me as a product that could be easily and cheaply produced domestically either stamped or milled from sheet steel.  Even if you had to add your own double sided tape.  Rob15 should get on that.

These strike me as a product that could be easily and cheaply produced domestically either stamped or milled from sheet steel.  Even if you had to add your own double sided tape.  Rob15 should get on that.

Couldn't have said it better myself, but unfortunately I wish I had the knowledge to do so myself but......

I was waiting for this. BEAUTIFUL doesn't begin to describe it. Oddly enough my PRO CDP barrel didn't give me any trouble.

Do you think they'll do a PRO raptor?

Thanks Kenxin, Nova Pro Raptor should be available very soon, so watch the usual websites.

Squad 701 that's one beautiful gun!

I received my kit a couple days ago but I don't know when I'll be able to build mine!

I have other projects on the work bench now.

It's a beautiful kit but the Prime had better finish :(  I regret selling that!

Heres the one I still have!

KimberRaptor2T_zps95c7ef60.jpg

KimberRaptor2T3_zps3da98772.jpg

I've made some changes to the controls on this one!

And here's acouple with my old one:

P1010185_zps0f947281.jpg

P1010186_zpsdea5d4c7.jpg

Wolf

• Like 1

Nova does, but it's severely out of date.  So it's of limited use.  http://www.nova-product.com/main.html

DenTrinity are the people behind SD, so it's just best to look on their website.  If you explore, you'll find special categories dedicated to SD stuff.  Like this. http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pl_cos_acc_shooters_DPA.jsp

• Like 1

My WA Colt 1911 Mk-IV series 70 (CQB model with ambidex thumb safety, delta style grip safety and  combat style hammer) ; SCW ver3
Polished all metal parts, 5KU barrel bushing, Madbull grip screw, Thailand made black shiny resin grip with Colt logo

A21_zpsb78eccc7.jpg

A24_zps56ff0f9f.jpg

Hey Squad

Another sweet kimber, you better get a nice wooden rack to hold all your 1911s. The problem with the Nova outer barrel is that there is a fitment issue around the chamber area which is easily fixed with a quick file around the back left side of the chamber to make it fit. Any one else have problems with SD steel barrels not fitting nova bushings?

icolater any chance of pic's of your filed Nova outer barrel mate, Squad has been kind enough to guide me through my Nova CDP build but I've yet to solve the outer barrel to slide fitment issue :( .

Hey K.A.

I sent you a PM about that, the chamber area of the outer barrel needs to be fitted to the slide, the best way to do this is to remove the slide and place the outer barrel in the position it should be in when in battery, the chamber area should fit perfectly between the lugs and the back of the loaded round indicator at the back of the chamber, but it doesn't so a file is needed to decrease the amount of metal around the back end of the chamber area were the slide meets the chamber (there should be some wear signs inside the slide to show you were to file on the chamber). Do this slowly as metal can be removed but not added. If this fails, I will post you a fitted outer barrel.     

Nova does, but it's severely out of date.  So it's of limited use.  http://www.nova-product.com/main.html

DenTrinity are the people behind SD, so it's just best to look on their website.  If you explore, you'll find special categories dedicated to SD stuff.  Like this. http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pl_cos_acc_shooters_DPA.jsp

Hey thanks man :)

WE Hi Capa Dragon. Gone is the nasty slide which has been replaced my an FP metal slide and Cerakoted by Riflecraft. Slide is Titanium and lower is blue titanium. I also filed down the safety so it sits flush when in the hand and angled the magwell a bit more.

IMG_6199_zps376fae90.jpg

IMG_6197_zpsd7b8318b.jpg

IMG_6201_zps62aaff55.jpg

Hey K.A.

I sent you a PM about that, the chamber area of the outer barrel needs to be fitted to the slide, the best way to do this is to remove the slide and place the outer barrel in the position it should be in when in battery, the chamber area should fit perfectly between the lugs and the back of the loaded round indicator at the back of the chamber, but it doesn't so a file is needed to decrease the amount of metal around the back end of the chamber area were the slide meets the chamber (there should be some wear signs inside the slide to show you were to file on the chamber). Do this slowly as metal can be removed but not added. If this fails, I will post you a fitted outer barrel.     

Got your PM bud, thanks ever so much.