1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

IMG_2987_zpsc6738e06.jpg

Here is a photo of my 2 lapd swat custom 2's both Nova, the top one is cerakoted graphite black. I am planning to get another cerakoted in the future but can't make up my mind on what colour to get, next time I'm going to get the controls cerakoted as well to match what ever colour I choose to get the frame done. I have a question to any one with cerakoting experience, I am thinking of getting the marui inner frame cerakoted the same colour as the frame to make the thing ultra realistic, what do you think of this idea?  

Beautiful kimbers. I'm pretty sure the mag release and slide stop for the cerakoted one are from a hurricane kit though! You wouldn't happen to have any extra nova kimber parts would you? (for example a slide stop, mag release and mainspring housing....)

The only thing I'd change would be the grips for the real kimber plain black ones (and ofc the correct ambi safety).

About the colours, there was a guy quite a few pages back with a Nighthawk GRP/Talon (can't remember which) and a Springfield Operator  cerakoted in 2 different colours, check it out.

Hey Kenxin

The slide stop is hurricane, the mag release and MSH are Nova, I have a Nova single sided safety on it these days (thanks Squad) and have a nova slide stop ordered as well as a SD steel chamber, Nova barrel, AIP BB housing, AIP hop housing and correct barrel bushing (nova type 1), also have new grips coming and PDI inner barrel to finish it off. The bottom one is finished.

Yea I saw them, they were the reason I got mine done, I also got an AR done in graphite black which can been seen on the AR picture thread.

I left the controls the natural colour because IMO all black seems a bit to much but I'm thinking of getting another done but with a burnt bronze finish or maybe titanium blue, but what ever I go for I want the inner frame to match the outer frame, like it does on a real 1911.

Edited by icolater

I wouldn't cerakote the marui inner frame. HOWEVER, if you're going all out...  you could get the PROG4/gunsmithbros advanced inner frame for 1911. It'd make it look more realistic as well and perhaps a little more worth the cost of the cerakote.

I'm curious though, why 2 LAPD kimbers? twins?

Sorry for the double post, but the pro4 inner frame doesn't work with the Nova slides very well, the rails on the nova slide are designed to take the slide spacer that comes with the stock marui 1911s, so If you use the pro4 inner frame with the nova slide the slide spacer can not be installed and because of this the slide will wobble a bit because there is no rail around this bit on the slide, also I have been told by someone that the pro4 inner frame are not a great fit and a certain lapping process is required, and they are not recommended, but I would still like to buy one to find out for myself. Also Kenxin I presume you havint tried the pro 4 inner frame because you would of known about this discrepancy!

Also Kenxin you stated that the LAPD has an ambi safety, this not true, the real steel TLE (which is the same as the LAPD) has a single sided safety. And the LAPD kimbers are by far my favourite 1911s that's why I own 3 of them and a spare Nova LAPD frame and slide  set just in case I want to build another.

Edited by icolater

I haven't used the prog4 inner frames yet, as it's an expensive piece. HOWEVER, most of the nova kits I've encountered don't use the slide spacer, instead opting to use something like the Airsoft surgeon slide guide thing (which is included in all the nova kits I have).

AS-ACC-PT032-4L.jpg

Thus the Prog4 inner frame should work with them. The only kit for which this was not the case was the Nighthawk GRP. I had no idea about the tolerances on the prog4 frame being meh though.

I didn't know about the LAPD kimber being single side safety, thanks for enlightening me.

Edit:

Just to prove that I'm not talking out of my *albatross*, this is a picture from AirsoftGlobal of the Nova LAPD 2010 (not the 2013):

nova_kimber_slideframeset_tm1911.jpg

You can clearly see the piece I was talking about.

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 1

The old Nova kits came with a slide spacer and a fully railed slide, the new nova kits don't, they come with a cut out in the slide for the marui stock spacer that fits in the slide. I'm sure it would be no problem to fit the pro4 inner frame in the older Nova kits but not the new ones.

• Like 1

The old Nova kits came with a slide spacer and a fully railed slide, the new nova kits don't, they come with a cut out in the slide for the marui stock spacer that fits in the slide. I'm sure it would be no problem to fit the pro4 inner frame in the older Nova kits but not the new ones.

The new (2013 runs) also come with the part as far as I know.

Don't know were your getting your stuff from but you WRONG or someone is selling you old Nova kits, the 2013 Nova kits DON'T come with a slide adapter I have bought six 2013 Nova kits in the last six months. The pro sized kits (the smaller framed kits) could come with the adapter but I don't know cause I have never bought one.  http://www.enten.co.jp/NOVA-TM-GMK-032-BK.html    http://www.enten.co.jp/NOVA-TM-GMK-030-BK.html    http://www.enten.co.jp/NOVA-TM-GMK-029-BK.html there are a few 2013 kits to prove my point.  

Edited by icolater

Sorry for another double post. Kenix just checked with a buddy who got a pro CDP and no rail adapter thingy came with it. So then Kenix do you think I should get the marui inner frame cerakoted seeing as the PRO4 inner is not an option or is it a bit overkill can't make up my stupid mind. Please Help!! 

Sorry for another double post. Kenix just checked with a buddy who got a pro CDP and no rail adapter thingy came with it. So then Kenix do you think I should get the marui inner frame cerakoted seeing as the PRO4 inner is not an option or is it a bit overkill can't make up my stupid mind. Please Help!! 

That is indeed very odd, since both my Pro CDP and Pro Raptor both came with it and as far as I know those are definitely not old kits. Also, no old kit from NOVA came with the fake firing pin which means that these are indeed the 2013 runs.

You got all your 2013 NOVAs from Redwolf, right?

IMG_04671.jpg

All the NOVA kits I have came from boomarms and they always come with that part. 

As for getting the marui inner coated, I wouldn't.