1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Absolutely lovely piece Ico. it does look remarkable.

I actually had to sacrifice one of my builds to finish the raptor, but I couldn't stand not having it finished. Not gonna fire that thing though.

Whenever the weather returns to our mediterranean lovely weather instead of the british weather we're having now I'll take decent-er pictures.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where I could pick up an un-trademarked metal 1911(A1)?, I have family out in the states who own a 1911 manufactured by the Singer Mfg co (The same people who make sewing machines) which is still used by my uncle today as an EDC gun, only thing ever replaced was a firing pin and spring guide 

Having an unmarked (trades) frame allows me to send it off for machining to add the correct numbers and markings to keep in my own collection here in the UK, more as a piece of family heritage more than anything!

Checked most places but any frame sets they have say "WITH MARKINGS" or "Full trademarks" or something of the sort  :no:

You want to get a KJW. In stock at Ehobby.

Thanks, Redwolf have them too.. I'll email their UK side tomorrow and see what I can sort out with them.

EDIT: Big round.. BB's. just about to order from RW-HK instead as it works out to about the same but it appears that although there are no "Trades" per-se.. This is present where I wanted to get it engraved:

KJ-1911-DT1L.jpg

Then again if I can find a lower frame thats unmarked from an ACM model i'll get that and the KJW... Hmnnn decisions decisions..

It also appears WE do one (according to JustPistols.co.uk) with absolutely NO markings what so ever, but it appears to be some sort of nineteenFrankenleven with 1911 and HiCapa bits stuffed inside

we1911_002.jpg

Looks promising though...

WE: http://www.justpistols.co.uk/we1911.htm

KJW: http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_KJ_Works_KJ_M1911A1_Full_Metal.htm

Edited by BattleForceTactical

If you plan on shooting it, stay away from WE.

I have a few WE guns.. No real clue why all the WE hate from everyone is. I have the Browning, Samurai Edge, Gen3 G19 and a 18C (The latter are arguable, came in a WE box but no WE marks, Assume they're 3HK) which are all great guns, no problems in any real shape or form apart from the lack of suppliers of an M9 rear sight for the Biohazard SE M9 thing, My KWA G19 has been 10times worse, gases just escape from just inserting the mag slightly to the rear of the mag well or if they feel its time to use the WE. Plus the review is pretty good from what I read.

This wouldn't really be a shooters gun anyway, It'll go in a frame with a picture of my Grand dad, his silk escape map-kerchief and his service medals for OP Market Garden and the picture of him. To go with my other grand dads picture and medals and the hi-power.

The hate for them all started with the 1911s pretty much.

I understand that their 1911 isnt quite here not there as it uses all kinda parts 1911 and HiCapa, but for my purpose I'm more than happy. Still after the 1911 they brought out the Glocks, PX4, M9's which have all been solid including the Browning HP yet people still hate them. I'm not fussed.. I'll be honest, I'm not a careful shooter, I run it, break it, fix it. so having a cheaper gun I can throw in the parts bin (cupboard it has become) is more preferable than buying a £150+ TM and then spending another £150> for a metal slide and barrel kit from SD or someone and forget to clean it and it mess up badly.

Its like buying an AK DPMS Oracle for $700 and not worrying about running crappy .223 surplus Russian steel cased ammo through it or buying a $3600 HK416 and having to buy $700 ammo (per 1000) because I don't want to damage it. 

BattleForce have a look for the unmarked KWC 1911 as well. It's a pretty neat pistol that feels great. And for kicks it is CO2 powered and has nice recoil and sound.

Wait, just realized even the one without markings have some small laser markings on it so might not be suitable.

Edited by NonEx

I'm considering between a NHC GRP and Custom SFA for my next TM 1911.

Did Nova makes the slide and frame for the RWL Nighthawk pistols? If not, how does it compare to them?

Yes, nova did the slide and frame for the RWL Nighthawks. Good luck finding the stand alone kits however.

He has a gun but wanted to know if anyone has built a custom one. Still, I would assume the DW is a 2011, no?

Nope.

2011 by definition is double stack and that two halves plastic and metal grip. 1911 is single stack and one piece frame, Para-Ordnance is a bit of both (kinky).

In fact here is the comment regarding STI guns: "It is most well known for its "2011" modular frame guns (so-called because the lower grip and trigger guard, which is made of a fiber reinforced plastic, is a separate component from the metal upper portion of the frame that comprises the dust cover and frame rails)."

'FireKnife'

Basically i have a TM DW which i sold to a friend which he now wants to sell back to me and move on to a 226 as he wasnt happy with the gas grip size on the DW. so that is my donor gun

it will be a complete reubuild using a smiliar style slide and frame to the TM but being full metal with different markings (hoping to get my hands on a springfield one) and i will machine the top to accept an RMR replica and find some taller iron sights to peer over the RMR, the whole thing will be black with FDE/TAN grips perhaps some silver pieces like tirggers and slide release and the hammer saftey etc...

so the basic idea is to try and replicate the look of the FNX 45 Tactical but with a desert warrior.

incase some people are unfamiliar with the FNX this is what i am talking about

fnp45tactical002-620x350.jpg

so as we can see here the FNX has the RMR, raised iron sights and a threaded barrel and a front rail for mounting a torch, i will be running the 40rd long mags with this as i am doing alot of CQB this year and am looking for a nice reliable but customisable pistol. i can machine most parts such as the threaded barrel as i am unsure if ther is a 4.3" threaded barrel on the market. and of course the internals will get a complete overhaul with new blowback unit, cylinder head, valves and springs.

so what do you guys think, is it doable?

Doable? Yes. BUT not without some SERIOUS work on redesigning both a new slide and a new BBU.

See the problem with current availiable slides is.. there is not enough material to secure an RMR in there, the slide would have to be designed anew. Plus there aren't any tall sights availiable on the market.

A while ago I toyed with the idea of securing the RMR directly to a custom BBU, and machining the slide to accomodate that. 

On the current designs, even if you opened up the slide to accomodate the RMR, the space for the sights would be gone (since those also use the BBU for secure placement).

The best bet would be a custom BBU with a dovetail for RS sights (or for sighs in general) with  a place to screw the RMR into. That way the RMR would fit snuggly into the slide AND the bbu, securing it in place for good.