1911 Picture Thread

These are mine 1911's

the MEU pistol,

and The KIMBER DESSERT WARRIOR

both from Army, full metal gbb's

i find there very wel finished and detailed.

And as far as i know the only brand wich offers authentique markings

in the low price category (about €80)!

n18TVrv.jpg

JzljXEb.jpg

JgVjpKA.jpg

RUE34wS.jpg

gsg6rTo.jpg

zWmWifF.jpg

0cqc6y9.jpg

Jqsax1y.jpg

XGLJtoo.jpg

t0Bj1yH.jpg

Qp2rpgl.jpg

2WteSfu.jpg

2WteSfu.jpg

gAgIXTx.jpg

Wow that's nice.  Plz let us know how they do.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

These are mine 1911's

the MEU pistol,

and The KIMBER DESSERT WARRIOR

both from Army, full metal gbb's

i find there very wel finished and detailed.

And as far as i know the only brand wich offers authentique markings

in the low price category (about €80)!

Perhaps one of the 1911 enthusiasts will chime in here, but is that really right? The MEU has US Army on the side?

I wouldn't have thought thats right, being that the MEU is a marine corps pistol.

Edited by scorch

Oh right. Did the Marine Corps get all of the Army's old 1911s when they went 9mm then?

Last year the USMC signed a new order with Colt to replace all their std M9s with .45s again. I think that the new std is a railed MEU-style frame however I'm far from sure. What I do remember is the deal being done: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/28/marines-pay-22m-to-go-back-to-their-old-guns-colt-45-caliber-pistols/ 

On the above post re: the Army copies, I have both of these. The Desert Warrior has been a reliable performer but the use of the old 1911 lowers on Springfield uppers brings on my OCD! The mags are shocking and both guns eat gas like there's no tomorrow. Best thing to do with them is strip them down, thread lock all the bits you can (especially the sights and grip safety) and you should have years of shooting fun.

Edited by harborne blue

I do recall seeing something about the older style MEU being built on 're-accurised and re-fitted' 1911s from surplus while the newer model (one the TM is built from) can be all sorts, depending on the numbers they needed and who supplied the parts if they didn't have older frames to work one.

Suppose that is one thing for a classic meatl pistol, if it gets worn then just melt it down and reform it again, especially given that the US Armed Forces have millions of 1911s left lying around after the post-war stock :P.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of 3d printing fun!

G4MBMFF.jpgMk2t8KD.jpg

y5h9E3N.jpg

ng6635E.jpg

Based on something I saw on the Nighthawk customs facebook, Tall sight + RMR platform!

EDIT: now fully assembled on it's test platform. AM I TACTICOOL ENOUGH YET??

Z7aq1oa.png

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 4

Needs extended mag, magwell and light / laser combo for that ;).

Still, while not being a fan of modern 1911s, awesome work on the RMR and tall sights.

'FireKnife'

A bit of 3d printing fun!

Based on something I saw on the Nighthawk customs facebook, Tall sight + RMR platform!

Errrrrm could you make me one?

Sure! I have to work out 2 small flaws in it but after that no problem!

Needs extended mag, magwell and light / laser combo for that ;).

Still, while not being a fan of modern 1911s, awesome work on the RMR and tall sights.

'FireKnife'

Thanks a lot! high praise!

Ditch the silencer,  add maybe a FAB Defense grip/magwell and a handfull of 40rd mags and some nice .30 bb's and i would primary that 1911  :) 

Do like the iron sights,  nice work,  very nice as have it.

Thank you! I plan on primarying it to test if it will break/bend under stress, even though I doubt it, this plastic is a LOT harder than marui's plastic...

The plate itself fits the dovetail very snugly and is secured via screw onto the BBU itself (like the nightwarrior rear sight is)

I plan on releasing this to everyone via shapeways once I fix those little issues and I test this thing to my satisfaction, but again, out of R&D money...

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 4

That reminds me to get my rig and some gas sorted so I can get back to playing more pistol primary and leave my MP5K at home until winter (saying that I just use it like a giant pistol sometimes anyway).

Will get some pictures up of my typical 1911, the one that is just my workhorse.

'FireKnife'

Any chance you've put these models up on YouMagine or Thingiverse?  I'd like to have a go printing one.

Not yet, as they have 2 flaws that need to be adressed. I'll put them up on shapeways once I make sure they work fine.

Or did you mean as in print it with your own printer?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Not yet, as they have 2 flaws that need to be adressed. I'll put them up on shapeways once I make sure they work fine.

Or did you mean as in print it with your own printer?

Cheers!

He wants to print one with his own printer.

Yep! That was the plan! Print and perhaps modify slightly depending on the outcomes