baias6230

1911 Picture Thread

On 6/19/2018 at 7:05 PM, wolfgeorge said:

yes they called Katana grips! I bought them from CRW a few years ago.

I wanted a pair like this, why did I miss those?! :(

Word of advice, stay away from CRW 😛

Tried them once and won't ever go there again. *suitcase* shop 😐 

They remind me of QRF, they stock the most niche items, often don't even list them on shops and you can get stuff direct by contacting them, I got a Ghost Island steel set for the WE M9 as well as steel magazines for the M9 as well, I've literally never seen those mags even listed on any other sites, right now they have some CNC full marking PDW kits for GHK that I have never seen online anywhere, but their website.. customer service... definitely could do with a lot of improvement. 

16 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

15 hours ago, blobface said:

CRW uses carrier pigeons to update their stock level... 😕 

Huh. As far as the red ones that I wanted, they ARE out of stock.

Just my luck...

TM based Colt National Match.

Added some subtle bling with some stainless parts. Outer barrel, chamber, bushing and spring plug.

Picture is junk - I'll try to get some better ones. The kit was courtesy of our member "K.A" - great guy to deal with and the kit was spotless.

EvaJWJo.jpg

7RaTGRf.jpg

• Like 3

Shopped locally at CRW a couple of times and it's a great store that has a lot of items that's hard to come by elsewhere. Only tried ordering from them once overseas. Not too impressed with the time it took to handle my order and the lack of communication up until I contacted them to ask what was going on. After that though things went smooth and I'll probably order from them again.

@garry Nice piece! Who makes the kit?

Looks great !! For the price Guarder stuff is not bad at all especially the newer kits. Not sure if this is spamming but their is a cheap nova kimber kit in the classified section. 

I don't know what the older ones were like, but I was pretty impressed with this. Doddle to fit, flawless finish, very crisp trades etc.

All the other upgrade parts were Guarder as well - all flawless imo.

Nice! That's not a bad serial number either.😋

Did the first ones all come with a black outer barrel? I remember this kit having either gold or silver outer barrel.

19 hours ago, antroa1985 said:

Nice! That's not a bad serial number either.😋

Did the first ones all come with a black outer barrel? I remember this kit having either gold or silver outer barrel.

For the 5 inch you could order it with black or silver. I ordered it with black.

With the commander there wasn't an option on barrels 

Wolf