1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I don't mean to drag the thread off topic but

@mightyjebus

How would you compare/rank the MEU's from best to worse?

From a skirmishing point of view:

SOCOM MEU

WE MEU

ARMY MEU

TM MEU (only because it's all ABS)

I use Ultra in my WE & SOCOM (which is just a WE with some better bits in it)MEU's no problems and the range and accuracy is pretty good. I would say that the range on a good day is on par with an AEG as proven this weekend at the Mall.

Adressing Hicapa with Kimber-Slide … I don't like the Guarder stuff, because they just engrave their standard edgy Hicapa slides with markings. I like the smooth round shape of a classic 1911-slide design. But it looks nice, beautiful pistol anyway …

I definitely don't like the strategy of WE with making their two standard 1911s (classic 1911A1 and 1911 tactical) just a Wilson Combat or currently so Novak next model. They are so inaccurate, Wilson is quite ok, but the Novak one is definitely a joke. The grips are perfect and a smart move, but the sights are ridiculous, those in no way can be called Novak sights, they way too low profile for that. And a Novak Next model definitely does look so different to what WE is claiming their model to be. WA did a nice job with Novak 1911s, but WE even doesn't offer the right trigger and puts in a short 1911A1 trigger instead. With high profile Novak style sights the Wilson one would look quite nice.

SocomGear/WE

3f422754b7440e8cab2727bd282ae7d8.image.733x550.jpg

WA

nvkNB01.jpg

wa-nvaa.jpg

The real one

novak.gif

Edited by SamJacksonFan

My almost finished TM MEU .45. It's still missing a pair of real Pachmayr grips that haven't come in yet. This is my primary choice for a back-up pistol these days.

Fitted with the following:

- PGC metal kit and 150% recoil spring

- Nova steel slide stop, barrel bushing and full-lenght guide rod

- Wilson Combat base plates on 2 mags

I'll probably upgrade it with a steel hammer and misc internal parts along the way, but this beauty is working so well right now that I don't want to "ruin" it :)

meu.jpg

meu_04.jpg

meu_05.jpg

somegirls

I really like your TM based Kimber.

What make is the slide?

-Shin

As mentioned by Sam, it's a Guarder Slide.

I definitely don't like the strategy of WE with making their two standard 1911s (classic 1911A1 and 1911 tactical) just a Wilson Combat or currently so Novak next model....

The Novak sights are the same used on the MEU. But for the money of the Socom Gear 1911s you can't ask for much more. The worst thing about them is that you can really scratch of the paint of the gun with your fingernails....