1911 Picture Thread

Updated picture of my 1930s machine pistol. It only needs a thread adaptor to correctly mount the compensator and it's finished.

How did you fit the wooden hand grip as I might put one on my full auto WA M1911.

Mike

Epoxy resin. I wanted to weld a bracket and screw the grip to the bracket but i have no access to welding equipment, or someone to weld for me, and this is a chinese gun made from horrible metal that wouldn't weld properly anyway.

I made the bracket anyway and epoxyed it to the frame, carving down the metal of both to get a good fit, then epoxied the grip to the bracket.

Also of note, in the picture i found of one of these "baby machine guns" that used a genuine thompson front grip, the grip had been shortened (see my picture) to fit slightly better. Other guns had front grips carved from scrach. You could get a lump of wood and cut your own, that way you could make it fit better to the frame of your gun.

Edited by ED-SKaR
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I am more fan of these 2....as far as new 1911 goes that is...

t3-comp1.jpg

aa6.jpg

I might consider having ProG4 or someone make the T3 Comp set myself, though I won't have an officer frame for TM...

Other custom 1911s? God there are so many I can't even begin to pick...

WA has you covered ;)

Spotted these amongst their new releases.

nhaac00.jpg

t3comp00.jpg

Speaking of grips, I am looking for wood grips for my 1911s.

My TM just needs plain government style checks, just like the origonal TM, but made from wood.

For my bell (baby machine gun, shown above) I'm after smooth wood grips with the colt coin/emblem in it.

Anyone know where to get simple grips like that? Thanks in advance.

Speaking of grips, I am looking for wood grips for my 1911s.

My TM just needs plain government style checks, just like the origonal TM, but made from wood.

For my bell (baby machine gun, shown above) I'm after smooth wood grips with the colt coin/emblem in it.

Anyone know where to get simple grips like that? Thanks in advance.

eBay is a good place to start....

Hi guys,

I will soon be in the Market for a Kimber Warrior style pistol, and was wondering if you could answer a few questions

-I've heard good and bad things about the ARMY Kimber warrior, including slight rattle on the slide. Can this be sorted with a stronger recoil spring?

-Would I be better off buying a TM MEU, and an ARMY Kimber, and then swapping all the parts across into the ARMY frame?

- I've also seen the WE/ SOCOM GEAR Wilson Combat, how are these? I've read a review on Militaryphotos, but it wasnt all that great (Seemed like a strange place to find a review)

Im quite the noob when it comes to gas pistols, so I've been trying to read up as much as I can before I make the jump

Thanks guys

Edited by ollie_ty