1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Updated picture of my 1911

TM 1911 MEU(SOC)

Carom Wood Grips

VFC V1911 Tactical Illuminator (arrived this morning)

dscf0072q.jpg

Edit: Have realised one slight issue though... I don't have a holster that fits it! <_< And finding a Safariland for it is proving to be difficult and expensive...:angry22:

Edited by RWJP
  • Like 1

Updated picture of my 1911

TM 1911 MEU(SOC)

Carom Wood Grips

VFC V1911 Tactical Illuminator (arrived this morning)

Edit: Have realised one slight issue though... I don't have a holster that fits it! <_< And finding a Safariland for it is proving to be difficult and expensive...:angry22:

I have the same problem with holster choice at the moment as I have no idea if the rail on my Springfield replicates a rs version?... Anyone got any ideas?

I have the same problem with holster choice at the moment as I have no idea if the rail on my Springfield replicates a rs version?... Anyone got any ideas?

Elite Shooting Centre do a Fobus holster which has a cut out where the rail fits so that would work. It's the EMC holster on this page: Linky I was looking at the same one for my 1911, but because of the way the V1911 fits, the thumb break wouldn't be able to close properly... For me it's either a Safariland, or some form of fabric holster, or a mag pouch...

About holsters, I have a Socom 1911 Punisher custom and I had quite a bit of trouble finding a decent quick draw holster that can accomodate the compensator... The best one I managed to find was the BlackHawk thigh rig w/Serpa system and not only was it a perfect fit, it partially hides the compensator and it can't snag at anything on the way in or out.

Downside is tho that you have to be at peace with yourself getting raped by BlackHawk's over-pricing. Then again the lifetime warranty makes up for it a little bit...

Fobus holsters i find work best, so long as you haven't got a big front sight and are using the standard cut of slide on your pistol.

'FireKnife'

Aye, I was hoping to go with a Fobus, but the enormous mounting lug on the V1911/310r gets in the way!

Well my 1911 arrived today... All work done by mike cripps

Springfield 1911 TRP (Marui Night Warrior base)

*snip*

It's an amazing bit of kit, as to be expected from mike.

I've thrown on my repro m3 for now but in a couple of weeks I'll be getting the VFC repro surefire to replace it.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet as my newborn likes to sleep so tomorrow I'll get a little test out of her

Sleepy

Nice pistol mate, got a parts list/price breakdown?

Once I get my 1911A1 out of the way, I'll be after a custom 1911. Either a chrome MEU or something like yours. Mike always does great work and he lives 15 mins away from me, so I'd definitely be buying from him. This one looks the absolute business, but I'd probably do without the rail.

Well it should fit with no issue on the Tercel and the KJ as they are direct clones of the same mould. The WE i am not sure on as the slide could be a different width.

Damn i should get one of those Surefires when i have the money. Though i would put it on my Detonics.

'FireKnife'

Nearly done my Stock Marui Custom:

pict0002jd.jpg

pict0001cg.jpg

Night Warrior Slide on a MEU Frame and Hammer with a Detonics Trigger and Safety, 1911A1 Trigger Bar and Grips. Will run on 1911A1 mags rather than MEU ones for that flush fit effect.

All i need to change is the MEU trigger to the Silver Night Warrior one and i am done.

Also it is backed up by my Detonics, which now sports the MEU trigger :P

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife