1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

My latest project now complete...NightHawk 'Lady hawk'.

DSCF6569.jpg

DSCF6547.jpg

DSCF6571.jpg

DSCF6576.jpg

TM 4.3 slide mated to a TM 1911a1 frame with a few 'tweaks'. The front strap texturing was a pain to do and failed to go as I'd of liked but its as near to RS as I can get. The grips are from the Talon/MEU pistol released by Redwolf recently. All internals are standard TM. The build details are now up on my YouTube site.

Edited by MrManiac

It wins so, so, so much. The kit is almost perfect - The only thing it lacks is the checkering on the underside of the trigger guard, but I can live without that.

All I need to do now is spend far too much money on a Nova Kimber grip safety and it's as close to the R/S as I can possibly make it without checkering the trigger guard somehow! :P

*edit* Should also mention the full length guide rod and correct hammer were added extras - So the kit is bang on, except for the trigger guard checkering, and not including the correct hammer, grip safety or guide rod - But as far as I'm aware none of the other HurricanE kits come with hammers, grip safeties or guide rods, so I knew I'd have to spend extra on those anyway.

Edited by hwagan

does she shoot as good as she looks?

Dont go dremmeling again mate........ :)

Believe me I've learnt the lesson! I've kind of had the same epiphany I had not too long ago with M4's - No matter what I buy, I always go back to an M4... Same has happened with 1911's, and this is about the nicest 1911 I've ever seen! :)

And yep, it shoots like a stock TM on a room temperature mag - I've got meself a Tactical Tailor mini mav to carry mags under a fleece to keep them warm in the winter.

The HurricanE kits really are something special - The markings and the detailing are amazing. A friend of mine has the SIS, and it's equally nice.

I'd spent a few weeks looking at kits for TM 1911's before this arrived, and I couldn't quite decide - As soon as I saw this get released it was love at first sight :)

Tarr, Safariland used to make a 6004 that will house a weapon with a 310, and 610. I don't remember the exact model number, but I am sure a few of the members do. Also, their are new holsters that can be adjusted to house weapons with various lights. Also, you can make your own with kydex.

The models were:

6004-533-121 (black, right hand, 310R)

6004-536-121 (black, right hand, 610R)

I also happen to know that 6004-731-121 (fits Beretta M9 with 633R) will also fit a 1911 with a 610R or 310R. I know, because I have 3 of these holsters and 2 Surefires, a 310R and a 610R

If you notice, the holster this Marine is wearing is NOT a 6004-536-121. It is actually a 6004-731-121.

adw_sized.jpg

I only use that 310r repro for pistol only games, so i dont actually have that safariland model, i only have one for a railed 1911 with an M3 light....which wont fit because this is a nonrail 1911; so as of now i run a serpa for it.

-brendan

It's taken me a very long time (a few years) to finally get this real 310R going. Kept putting it off but finally finished this MEU project today. I'm quite happy and can't wait to field it again. I recently ordered an LED module to replace that sad little incan bulb that originally came with it. So from the original 60 lumens, I'm now at 300 lumens at the bezel. The last photo is with my Operator with SureFire x200. Hope you guys like the photos.

IMG_1809-1.jpg

IMG_1810-1.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg