1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

You do seem to be straight up trolling FireKnife, if you still don't agree WA look better than TM. Sure they're still plastic like TMs but they look more convincing. You say they try too hard. Well thats how you get quality.

Show me a TM that looks better than these. Trick question. There isn't one.

gallery_3510_72_328404.jpg

dsc01857rsl7.jpg

Edited by hitmanNo2

I still don't believe that they look better, unless you dump £200 plus on a metal kit :P

But from out of the box TM's do outrange WA's, upgraded they can come close but with certain models, like the 1911s TM still gets that extra bit of distance and accuracy that WA's just don't have ;)

'FireKnife'

I really don't get people having issues with WA 1911 gas efficiency. To make sure I'm not going crazy, I just put 53 rounds through a stock WA from a single gas charge firing fairly rapidly in about 8 degrees. Seems good to me. And fixed SCW3 hop is great if you have trouble with SCW2.

I give up. You're telling me you think there are TMs that look better than those guns I just posted? Do you wear glasses? If not, perhaps you should go get checked. Maybe you should treat yourself to a WA FireKnife and see what you're missing. Spend a little less on the prostitutes and you'll have some money saved in no time.

Edited by hitmanNo2

Damn you found out :P, well i still think they are better, simple as. Yes i know TM have their bad looking guns, the stock M9 and P226 are just awful but the 1911 series is, of the pistol i have used and fired the best looking. Simple as that.

At the end of the day the big bug bear for me is the WA price tag for really no actual improvement over guns like those of TM and KSC. If they were a reasonable price, could fire on green comfortably out of the box and had a good adjustable hop in all models then great but as they don't they don't work for me.

Anyway this is a picture thread and as soon as i get home to a camera i will put a few up to make up for the posts, too bad i don't have a good camera though :D

'FireKnife'

touché. Enough talk. And I shall fill up my stock TM 1911 and see how many shots I get on a single fill. Seeing as it's bleddy cold here. According to the weather 9C.

EDIT: Using Abbey Ultra I achieved 57 shots. Using darklites shiny balls at 0.2g on a completely stock TM 1911 using a TM MEU mag.

For now, moar gratuitous gun pron.

Added a nineball extended slide stop, TK twist barrel and will be a modify hop rubber. Externally, it could really do with a black frame. and some hogue wraparounds. when I'm not poor I'll get on that I thinks.

IMG-20120502-00308.jpg

Edited by WhiteHawksan

I'm a bit late to join in the conversation ...

But based from my experience TM has better gas efficiency and better accuracy and overall performance but WA has better finish and greater recoil.

I like the SCW2 over SCW3, except the hop up I think they have better gas efficiency than SCW3 ( still TM is better).

A question... Does anyone has experience with Creation FMK for WA 1911?? I have a Creation Kimber TLE/RL2 and I'm trying to install SCW3 internals but it doesn't fire no matter what I'll do! It's the first time I ever encounter this problem... the disconnector doesn't go all the way up!

I'll try to install SCW2 internals as my last effort!

Do you have any suggestions?

Wolf

Actually, just a bad day, that's the 2nd one waiting for conversion ^_^

I'm currently dying the grips purple, but I've a game tomorrow so I kinda like the black on black. Looks very sombre I think :P When I am not poor, you shall have a 2nd detonics to convert =D

My new nickname is now Lehman!

I'm a bit late to join in the conversation ...

But based from my experience TM has better gas efficiency and better accuracy and overall performance but WA has better finish and greater recoil.

I like the SCW2 over SCW3, except the hop up I think they have better gas efficiency than SCW3 ( still TM is better).

A question... Does anyone has experience with Creation FMK for WA 1911?? I have a Creation Kimber TLE/RL2 and I'm trying to install SCW3 internals but it doesn't fire no matter what I'll do! It's the first time I ever encounter this problem... the disconnector doesn't go all the way up!

I'll try to install SCW2 internals as my last effort!

Do you have any suggestions?

Wolf

I had a prog4 sear in my scw3 that kept catching the disconnector tab (the part that goes in front of the sear) and keeping it stuck below the sear. Dunno if that might be your issue.

Thanks for the input...

My problem was with the lower frame... The whole lower frame was out of spec! I've modify every single part of the frame including the frame itself!

It looks like only SCW2 internals work with it! I also made from scratch grip bushings and I modified a stock plunger tube

I had to sand the rear portion of the inner barrel assembly cause it was sitting a bit forward! I also used the Sheriff thump safety from the Kimber Raptor 2T cause the SCW3 safeties couldn't go and I used also the Sheriff slide lock to match the look!

KimberTLE2.jpg

KimberTLE1.jpg

KimberTLE.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics... I'll take some better when I finish it!

Now the only issue it has is that the gun fire a couple of rounds and then it doesn't stay cocked! Any suggestions?

I was about to through it but then I messed with it again, it's my personal challenge!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

What, so you shoot it. Leave it with the hammer back. Come back to it later and the hammer is down? Or it fires a couple of shots and then fails to put the hammer back after those? Are you using steel hammer and sear?

No everything is stock WA, I shoot 2 times I go to shoot the third and the hammer is at the battery, I cock it manually I fire one and the I'll have to cock it again. Also it fired a couple of time 2-3 rounds full auto!

I really don't see anything wrong!

I have a ProG4 SCW2 steel hammer but it doesn't work with it!

It was by far the hardest conversion I've ever made and the one with the most problems!

From now on.... Only Prime for me!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

Try it with just the hammer, sear, upper and lower disconnector, mainspring housing and leaf spring installed (and trigger obviously). Rack by hand and try to get a good look at the sear/hammer fitment. Are they new parts? Could be a worn sear/hammer.