1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Finished my Western Arms Springfield Armory V12

img0190uug.jpg

img0191z.jpg

img0192u.jpg

img0193poh.jpg

img0196p.jpg

img0197a.jpg

Frame:

- Based on a SCW2

- PGC metal Springfield Frame

- Upgraded CP hammer & hammer spring

- Steel firing pin

- Ajax faux pearl grips

Slide:

- Based on magna system

- Prime V12 ported magna slide

- Steel Nowlin chamber

- SCW2 inner barrel and hopup

- V12 ported barrel

I recently sold a few of my custom WA 1911's,for an upcoming project, but these remain and stay in my collection.

img0200v.jpg

- Springfield Armory V12 gilded Face off custom

- Springfield Armory V12 silver

- Kimber Raptor II

- Infinity extended dustcover

- Springfield Armory V10

You know they pop up on gunbroker about once a week right?

Shhhh! Don't tell me that! I like to feel special! :P

And trusupragt, those are my two dream 1911's right there; the TLE/RL a bit more than the regular TLE. Are they TM's or WA's? (I hope they are TM's becasue I really want to build a TM based TLE/RL).

I can't for the life of me figure out why NOVA made a Kimber SWAT and Kimber WARRIOR kit and didn't make a TLE/RL kit. All they had to do was add checkers to the front of the WARRIOR frame and write "TLE/RL Custom II" on the slide. The fact that they are CNC'd just adds to it; all they was switch/merge a few thing from the WARRIOR and SWAT files and pop some alluminum in the machine. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry for the rant, but I really *fruitcage* what a TLE/RL!!

hello

I want to get some bomar sights for my 1911 as i'm adding a hi capa slide and TM sights are imposible to find.

so i have a question, i know i'll need to do some modding but does anyone know what size of dovetail would be the best base?

thanks a lot.

-Pedro Salas.

I recently sold a few of my custom WA 1911's,for an upcoming project, but these remain and stay in my collection.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8127/img0200v.jpg

- Springfield Armory V12 gilded Face off custom

- Springfield Armory V12 silver

- Kimber Raptor II

- Infinity extended dustcover

- Springfield Armory V10

(my initial impression)

.... :mellow:

.... :huh:

oh my... :blink:

... :flamed:

that collection is incredible!

wow wow wow wow wow

you can probably buy a car if you sold those 1911's

That Kimber Raptor is simply gorgeous. my favorite outta the bunch!

Edited by luvs2shoot

Hey guys, I'm about ready to officially start my 1911 project by buying a bunch of stuff, but I want to run an internal parts list by you first:

-Firefly Power Valve for Marui M1911A1

-Airsoft Surgeon Shock Buffer

-Airsoft Surgeon Super Light Weight Speed Blow Back Housing for Marui Hi-Cap & 1911

-Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 / 4.3 / M1911A1 / P226 / G26 / G26 Advance

-PDI Palsonite 01 Inner Barrel for Marui M1911A1 (Black)

-MAG Replacement Springs for Marui 1911

-Nine Ball Hammer Spring for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 / Marui M1911A1 NB-ACC-HMSP-HICA51

-Airsoft Surgeon Marui Hicap 5.1/4.3/M1911 MEU Upgrade Combo Complete

Are there any other iternal part availible for the Marui that I should add to the list?

What kind of hop-up rubbers are availible for the TM?

Are any of the parts on the list "bad"?

Thanks, OGGY

Edited by -=OGGY=-

I see some redundency in the parts, any reason for it? I think the Airsoft Surgeon upgrade sets has both springs among other parts no(FYI, the recoil spring from AS is SUPER strong, use as is the gun probably won't lock back, as the case for my open gun, VERY snappy though). Nine-Ball's hop-up rubber is ok, as is KM's I believe. Nine-Ball calls it chamber packing....

oggy i have the AS upgrade set and like racing maniac said the recoil spring is very strong and the slide only goes back to the takedown notch.

the mag replacement springs, which i also have are the same as the original springs so they'll only be usefull as relacements incase you lose one(which was my case)

racingmaniac what do you think about the airsoft surgeon BBU? is it really worth the 50$?

thanks

I have those for my Hi-Capa, and they do well for the gun. I kept the original BBU for my 1911 mainly because they aren't build for speed and it does loses the kick a little bit. Also I don't find the included O-ring with the BBU work well with SD nozzle(which I swears by, Kimber doesn't have it yet, but it will), so I always end up replacing those....

Good product, well made, and good alternative if you want upgrade for speed shooting or just broke your stock one for some reason...