1911 Picture Thread

Nice job!

So how much mullah did that set you back? I've been on the hunt for a Ludlow custom M1911A1 for a while, and the best stock lookalike I've come up with, is WA's Wilson Super Grade:-

Are there any better stock matches that you know of?

OK cost was around £100 or so here in the UK for a TM1911a1 plus other parts from my spares box. The Bo-mar sight was a pain to source as no one does these as a seperate item :angry: (only the rear sight backing piece) so i had to purchase another TM 5.1 (another £100) for the sight and thumb safety, could of used the grip safety aswell but thats going on another project :rolleyes:

Ive yet to see a similar 1911 anywhere as stock, straight off the shelf, therefore i had to customize. Overall its cheaper than a WA i think and alot more rewarding as its a 'one off'.

Debate is that the film prop is a RRA 1911 or maybe an Ed Brown but i personelly think its a hand built custom job, though over the top and rather 'racy' for a carry gun, what with it having an extended slide lock and Ambi-safety as these can get hung up on clothing during a quick draw situation, sorry im rambling here :rolleyes: .

That Wilson Combat at WGC i think is the nearest you'll get to the film weapon used.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help but goodluck with the search Pave_Hawk.

Edited by MrManiac
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

The gun might be OTT for a regular, boring, non gung-ho Vice Det. but for Ludlow it's perfect. He drives a blacked-out SRT8 goddamnit, he deserves a custom hand-gun :)

Your replica is very nice, I'd made it sooner if the recession hadn't hit us quite so hard...

PS: "The Browning Hi-Power because even John M. Browning knew the 1911 was a design fault waiting to happen" DS. Hehehe

OK cost was around £100 or so here in the UK for a TM1911a1 plus other parts from my spares box. The Bo-mar sight was a pain to source as no one does these as a seperate item :angry: (only the rear sight backing piece) so i had to purchase another TM 5.1 (another £100) for the sight and thumb safety, could of used the grip safety aswell but thats going on another project :rolleyes:

Ive yet to see a similar 1911 anywhere as stock, straight off the shelf, therefore i had to customize. Overall its cheaper than a WA i think and alot more rewarding as its a 'one off'.

Debate is that the film prop is a RRA 1911 or maybe an Ed Brown but i personelly think its a hand built custom job, though over the top and rather 'racy' for a carry gun, what with it having an extended slide lock and Ambi-safety as these can get hung up on clothing during a quick draw situation, sorry im rambling here :rolleyes: .

That Wilson Combat at WGC i think is the nearest you'll get to the film weapon used.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help but goodluck with the search Pave_Hawk.

A lot more rewarding, but I can get the Super Grade for 123 sterling and mod from there (new grip, slide etc.).

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the kind comments guys :D

'Påffter' wrote: "The Browning Hi-Power because even John M. Browning knew the 1911 was a design fault waiting to happen" Yes its true he was never happy with the Colt design :blush: but im nuts about it hee hee hee!

Go for the Super Grade 'Pave_Hawk' it seems like a cheaper option and goodluck ;)

Ok heres my other project a 'Kimber Gold Match II' now complete with handmade Black Walnut grips.

post-42289-1239121895_thumb.jpg

Again its a standard TM 1911A1 customized with a Nineball slide, SD barrel bushing/guide rod plug, 5.1 guide rod and grip safety (palm bump has been ground/sanded down to resemble a 'Kimber' type), Guarder 2-hole trigger, Tanio Koba hammer and ambi-thumb safety (soon to be replaced with a correct Nova type).

post-42289-1239121931_thumb.jpg

Next project is an 'Ed Brown, special forces' as and when money allows :unsure: , damn this recession :ranting2:

MrManiac that is a nice Kimber. Tokyo Marui definetly got to come out with a 1911 that has Bomar sight.

Thanks 'baias6230' for the compliment :D , i will admit however the Nineball ABS slide is ######, as i had to rebore the recoil rod guide tube, as it was miss-aligned, bad manufacturing :angry: must have been a friday batch :lol:

'RacingManiac' wrote: Its not that difficult to use the available Hi-Capa parts to make one, just costs abit more....

True but i can understand, it would be nice to be able to get a standard, round top slide, with a Bo-mar fitted, off the shelf ;)

A quick question, though i expect this has been asked before: can 'real steel' thumb safetys be used on TM1911s?

Thanks again guys :P

Damn :angry2: , oh well :huh: as i wanted to get hold of a 'Les Baer' style thumb safety.

May try to mod the ambi-safety from the TM MEU, not strictly accurate, as its a captured head, hammer pin type and the 'Les Baer' is a 'Svenson' style but it will do i think.

Thanks 'RacingManiac' :D

hello. i'm about to sell my m700 as i'm going to start using my 1911 as my primary so the money i get from my rifle is going to my TM 1911 and i have a pic request.

could anyone post a pic of a 1911 with the PDI jb comp and/or a docter sight replacing the rear sight?

thanks a lot.

BTW i'm torn between that and making a kimber warrior from nova parts.

hello. i'm about to sell my m700 as i'm going to start using my 1911 as my primary so the money i get from my rifle is going to my TM 1911 and i have a pic request.

could anyone post a pic of a 1911 with the PDI jb comp and/or a docter sight replacing the rear sight?

thanks a lot.

BTW i'm torn between that and making a kimber warrior from nova parts.

courtesy of hkssr20det:

http://airsoft-barracks.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=12742