1911 Picture Thread

FYI if you get a metal kit like Nova or PGC, their grip bushing are not the pressed-in type like stock Marui but actually screw-in type like RS. You can actually install RS grip bushing in them with RS internal hex grip screws. With the appropreate RS bushing they shouldn't need fitting at all...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

@RacingManiac

I've been looking at your gallery, and I LOVE your TM Springfield. The Nash comp looks amazing! I'm still debating between having a silencer or a comp for my TM/Guarder MEU.

I can't seem to find a retailer that has a stainless steel outer barrel that is threaded in stock though, nor the PDI Nash comp for 1911.

Th 9ball barrel is $70. My goodness that's alot.

In that case try to track down a SD chamber and a SD barrel with threaded adaptor....I think it won't be much more, if at all....

That is what I actually have in my Kimber right now, Dentrinity is probably your best bet to track one down...

Don't know where you can get a PDI Nash comp now...

Mega12-

Yep, I did the two-toning myself with half a dozen progressively finer grits of wet-dry sandpaper. It wasn't that hard to do, just time intensive as I was taking it slow to make sure the slide and frame stayed flat while I lapped it along the surface I was using.

Reincarnation-

From what I have found through doing research on the grips, Simonich's Gunner Grips are being made by Strider and instead of having a roughly circular dimple, the dimples are flattened and look more like a corncob. This may or may not be the case these days, as the thread that said this was dated September 2008. Current pictures off the Simonich website and Brownells show the original design, but I wasn't going to chance it as I had the pleasure of shooting a buddy's Kimber Warrior with the original Simonich Grips and that sold me on them. The Nighthawk grips feel exactly as I remember the OSGs did.

Also, the NOVA grip bushings and original TM screws are used with 100% compatibility. The Brownell bushings didn't want to play with the frame so I'm stuck with the TM standard screws instead of the hexes I wanted to use.

-Piano.

Yep, I did the two-toning myself with half a dozen progressively finer grits of wet-dry sandpaper. It wasn't that hard to do, just time intensive as I was taking it slow to make sure the slide and frame stayed flat while I lapped it along the surface I was using.

Great work, it looks fantastic. :)

MrManiac, have you made a copy of the grips you made for me to go on one of your own guns?

Yes mate,always liked Maple wood.

By the way, Maple is the correct name for the wood not White Oak as you said in your post :rolleyes:

Im now experimenting on the standard plastic grips Marui supply with their 1911's, to see if i can sand them down smooth and then apply a nice custom paint job. When ive completed a set i'll bring them along to MIA for you to have a butcher's at.

i finally gave in and purchased a non WA 1911! :P

picked up my teammates TM 1911 the other week and already have put on some bits :)

LCT silver trigger

TK beavertail

TK flat MSH

TK ambi safety

TK silver egghole hammer

OD kimber grips

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

I basicly wanted to recreated the last project i attempted with my 4th WA but didn't complete...HOWEVER lol, i've noticed gaurder makes some nice kits for TM stuff, alas it seems the TM platform is plagued with the same problem as the WAs... i've spent the last hour trying to find some MEU sights to no avail...

So..Considering the ARMY MEU is a clone of the TM MEU, i assume the sights are the same aswell? ARMY didn't decide to use a different cut or something? cananyone confirm this??

since it's only 60$ i figure it might be a good idea to get one if only for the sights :P

Edited by sturgis

I think that the sights are seperate from the slide, the rear one definately is as mine has slight play on it left and right, but I couldnt tell you if it will fit on TM. Before someone says tighten the hex screw on the top, it isnt, it is a moulded part of the sight that just looks like one, I tried that already.

Edited by Spencerman
I think that the sights are seperate from the slide, the rear one definately is as mine has slight play on it left and right, but I couldnt tell you if it will fit on TM. Before someone says tighten the hex screw on the top, it isnt, it is a moulded part of the sight that just looks like one, I tried that already.

from looking at the pictures i'd say they are seperate... also the "stainless" one comes with a black frontsight wich leaves me to believe even more that it isn't moulded

I don't have a ARMY or TM MEU to try that on, i want a metal kit for the 1911 build i posted above, but sights seem impossible to find seperatly, at 60$ i'd be willing to get the ARMY one to butcher the sights off...

I just wanted to make sure as i have had way to much hassle with different cut sights on my WA pistols..

Meanwhile i have gotten a PM from beretta (the guy who posted the picture comparision in this thread) saying that they will fit !

So i geuss it's full steam ahead with what i have in mind :)

Edited by sturgis